Sardinia  » Punta Sardegna Estate
Overview of the Punta Sardegna estate
Perched on the cliffs in untouched natural surroundings
Punta Sardegna is a promontory on the northern tip of Sardinia, near Porto Rafael, Palau. Casa Beatrice is situated in an untouched natural surrounding high up on the cliffs opposite the island La Maddalena. Hidden by shrubs of Mediterranean plants, suspended over a cliff, it enjoys a unique environment, which has no equivalent in Sardinia, or even the entire Mediterranean coast.
The house is situated near Palau, opposite the „parco nazionale dell 'Arcipelago Maddalena" and the island of Spargi. Ferries operate between Palau and La Maddalena, Genoa and Naples.
Sardinia is most definitely a destination for nature-lovers.
The diversity of its landscapes, between sky and sea, offers visitors who love trekking unbelievably beautiful places of botanical, archaeological or geological interest. As for the sea, it is as clear as in the Seychelles. Coves, fine sand, pebbles, granite, the coastal areas are as varied as they are stunning. You should travel through Sardinia from East to West, from North to South, but if you would rather bask in the sun, then go round the island by boat.
HOUSES ON THIS ESTATE AVAILABLE FOR WEEKLY RENTAL
Number of beds : 13
- Palau 10km - 10 min
- Porto Cervo 35 km - 40 min
- Porto Rotondo 40 km - 50min
- Olbia 40 km - 50 min
- Bonifacio (in Corsica) - 1 hour 15 minutes
- Sassari 120 km - 2 hours
- Alghero 150 km - 2 hours 20 minutes
Activities & Places of interest
- Porto Rafael: the village was built in the ‘60ies by count Rafael Neville, a member of the international jet-set. Following his footsteps a number of villas were built around the small port by people in search of unspoilt coasts and cristal clear water.
- The Costa Smeralda and the jet-set seaside Porto Cervo and Porto Rotondo are at a distance of 35 to 40 km from Punta Sardegna.
- The national park “Arcipelago della Maddalena” and the islands of Caprera, Spargi, Budelli, La Vezzi and Cavallo, are a natural site of unusual beauty. They can be visited by boat over the day. The village of La Maddalena is the oldest settlement of the area. You can cross the channel by ferry, even for dinner in one of the restaurants of La Maddalena.
- In the charming harbour of Porto Rafael you will find the Yacht Club Punta Sardegna. Once a year in August together with the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda they organise the famous Formenton regatta.The Yacht Club de Porto Rafael rents out dinghys (rubber boats) of different sizes. Sailing boats can be chartered at the harbour of Palau. The clear waters of the bay are considered a paradise for amateur sailors.
- A few minutes from the house you will find Porto Pollo–Isola dei Gabbiani, the Sardinian "surf paradise", 7 km of beaches in two large bays. There is allways enough wind and windsurfers and kitesurfers meet to challenge eachother at impressive speed. There are sailing schools, schools for windsurfing and kitesurfing, equipment can be hired on the spot.
- Furthermore, this part of the Sardinian coast offers possibilities for scuba diving, snorkeling, open-ocean-kayak, tennis, mountain biking and beach volley. Scuba diving schools will give lessons at all levels and organise fascinating excursions.
- Mountain bikers will find several routes along the coast and inland.
- The opportunities for walks or proper hikes are rich and varied in this part of Sardinia.