Overview of the Le Rocchette
The small and charming estate Le Rocchette lies halfway between Arezzo and Siena, close to the hilltop village of Lucignano, known for its streets built in circles around the main church.
Giorgio and Roberta della Seta, who are also the owners of the wine estate Tenuta di Gracciano on our website, acquired Le Rocchette 3 years ago. The location of the house as well as its compact size and shape seduced them instantly.
Most of Tuscany’s major sight-seeing spots can be reached in approx. 1 hour’s drive.
Think Florence and Siena, but also Arezzo, Pienza, Montalcino, and Montepulciano. And should this not be enough, cross the border to Umbria and discover Perugia, Città di Castello, Orvieto and Assisi, all in about 1 hour by car.
HOUSES ON THIS ESTATE AVAILABLE FOR WEEKLY RENTAL
Number of beds : 6
Le Rocchette lies 30 km south of Arezzo. The closest village with shopping facilities 3 km from the estate is Lucignano, a typically Tuscan hilltop village famous for its streets arranged in a circle.
- Lucignano 3 km, the closest village: 5 minutes, with all shopping facilities
- Sinalunga 11 km – 20 min
- Arezzo, the closest station, 31 km – 35 min
- Siena 45 km – 40 min
- Chianti 60 km – 45 min
- Montepulciano 30 km – 40 min
- Pienza 35 km – 45 min
- Cortona 40 km – 45 min
- The monastery of Monte Oliveto Maggiore 65 km – 1 hour
- Florence 95 km – 1 hr 15 min
- Orvieto 90 km – 1 hr
- Perugia 75 km – 1 hr
- Assisi 95 km – 1 hr 15 min
Activities & Places of interest
- The nearest village is the medieval hilltop Lucignano, famous for its eliptic walls. Here you will find grocery stores, cafés, newsstands, banks and simple trattorias. A detailed list of restaurants recommended in the vicinity can be found in the farmhouse.
- But you will not want to miss the surrounding villages such as Monte San Savino, Foiano, Sinalunga and Castiglion Fiorentino as well as the medieval hamlet of Gargonza, all of which will conform in their picturesque perfection to everyone’s dream of a hilltop Tuscan village.
- Arezzo is the next largish town. You will not want to miss the frescoes by Piero della Francesca in the Basilica San Francesco. If you are at Le Rocchette on the first week-end of the month, you might also want to visit the antique market on the main square.
- Florence and Siena, Tuscany’s most important cultural milestones, are easy to reach from Le Rocchette.
- Fashion addicts can splurge out at the famous Prada factory outlet, which lies on to road to Florence.
- Two excellent SPAs can be found in the Rapolano Terme thermal resort (18 km from Le Rocchette).
- There are tennis courts in the next village Lucignagno at 2 km, and mountain bikes can be hired there.
- Thanks to the natural hot water springs in nearby Rapolano Terme (20 km) you can choose from two spas to treat yourself to mud baths, massages, facials and many other tempting treatments : Antica Querciolaia and San Giovanni.