OVERVIEW Castello di Galbino
Tucked away into the hills of Arezzo lies the magic Castello di Galbino, a large and welcoming family castle surrounded by seemingly endless fields and hills covered olive groves and woods.
The castle has a basic square shape with a raised central section and four round towers on the corners. Elegant arched loggias with stone columns, added during its renaissance period conversion, run along two sides.
The glazed loggia with frescoed vaulted ceilings leads onto a small chapel. It is the perfect place for spending a lazy afternoon. The light filters through the sheer curtains. The main dining room has French windows onto the terrace and the garden with yet another table and chairs for outdoor meals. The twin bedroom with frescoed ceilings is probably the most beautiful bedroom in the castle. But all bedrooms have a special feature, be it painted beams or antique furniture, and all of them are decorated with a cotton weave made by the local firm Bussatti, which has shops all over the world.
The garden melts into the surrounding landscape, inviting to long walks. The pool lies a little above the house.
Amenities and services
Villa is equiped with:
- Pool: 15 x 5m
- Private Pool
- Internet access
- Hifi stereo
- Satellite TV
- Dogs welcome
- Bed & bath linens
- Baby equipment
- Final cleaning
Service on request:
- First shopping
- Arrival dinner
Floorplan of the villa
Loggia with frescoes
Loggia with billiard and ping-pong
Terrace for al fresco dining
Pool 15 x 5 metres with WC and outdoor shower
Lunch can be served at the pool by the housekeeper
On a crossroads between Tuscany and Umbria
Tucked away into the hills of Arezzo lies the magic Castello di Galbino, a large and welcoming family estate with castle, gatehouse, farmbuildings and all, surrounded by seemingly endless fields and hills covered olive groves and woods.
Galbino lies on a crossroad of Tuscany (Arezzo, Siena, Florence, Cortona), Umbria (Città di Castello, Perugia, Gubbio, Assisi) and the Marches (Urbino), an area where Piero della Francesca, Michelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinci, Raffael and San Francesco of Assisi were born.
The nearest town is Anghiari at 4 km from Galbino, a charming medieval city which has not changed much over the last centuries. The powerful thirteenth century walls made the town an invincible fortress (picture of Anghiari). A stroll through the narrow streets which open onto delightful squares is Italy at its best. Anghiari has all shopping facilities.Read more about Galbino
- Arezzo, with a wonderful antique market on the Piazza Grande the first week-end of the month
- Many of Piero della Francesca’s works can be seen in the nearby town of Sansepolcro (15 minute drive) and you should not miss the village of Monterchi, where his famous pregnant Madonna can be seen in the village school.
- Franciscan trails: The hermitage of La Verna, where St. Francis received the stigmata is a magical place. By car it is reached in 30 minutes. A beautiful trek of 30 kms makes a wonderful day of walking.
- Romanesque Churches: The territory around Anghiari boasts a number of very early parish churches. They were built during the early phases of christianisation in which baptism was a crucial element. The pievi remained for centuries the only places authorised to carry out baptisms.
- The Castello dei Sorci, a rustic castle turned into restaurant serving very authentic food as for instance home made pasta. It is well know throughout Tuscany.
- Shopping: the famous factory outlet of Prada lies on the way to Florence.
- Shopping: Anghiari is also the headquarter of one of Tuscany’s most interesting textile producers Bussatti, whith shops all over the world.
|Beds||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :
* Mid season :12 May - 02 June 2018
* Mid season 2 :02 June to 30 June 2018, 25 August - 29 September 2018
* High season :30 June - 25 August 2018
|Beds||Nights||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :
* Mid season :
* Mid season 2 :01 June - 29 June 2019, 31 August - 28 September 2019
* High season :29 June - 31 August 2019
GUEST REVIEWS, Castello di Galbino, Galbino
Hello Anke, received your letter asking for feedback: it could not have been better! We had a blast!!!. Please say hello to "La Contessa " and Nerella from us!S.E., USA, August 2013
Nous avons passé une merveilleuse semaine au Castello di Galbino. Le château est splendide et tellement grand que même à 14 personnes, il est toujours possible d'y trouver un coin tranquille pour lire. Il est bien équipé avec la piscine, la galerie de jeux, etc. Les environs du château sont aussi enchanteurs, peu de monde, des forêts, des champs de tournesols et des beaux petits villages. La contessa et Nerella nous ont accueilli chaleureusement et nous avons pu profiter plusieurs soirs des talents de cuisinière de Nerella. L'organisation de votre agence était également impeccable.
Pourriez-vous s'il vous plaît dire à la contessa Baldeschi que nous avons eu énormément de plaisir à pouvoir profiter de sa belle demeure?
J'ai entretemps recommandé votre agence à plusieurs personnes ici aux Pays-Bas et compte certainement repasser par vous pour une future location en Italie.
Al regresar al camino principal me topé con un castillo de tres cuerpos y cuatro torres. El Castello di Galbino, del siglo XIII, se alquila. Grandes salones, una biblioteca bien surtida de literatura italiana, habitaciones de techos altos con vigas policromadas, una piscina asomada al paisaje... Sospecho que, de pasar una temporada en ese castillo, volvería diciendo que "adoro la campiña toscana". Sin rubor alguno.NICOLÁS CASARIEGO - http://elviajero.elpais.com 26/01/2009
„Votre maison est absolument admirable, et son atmosphère pleine de charme.“Florian de la Comble, France, août 2008
„Merci à la famille Baldeschi de nous avoir permis, le temps d'une semaine, de goûter à la douceur de vivre de Galbino.“Florence Trubert, Rédactrice en Chef Demeure Historique, France, août 2008
Castello di Galbino lies in Tuscany, not far from Arezzo. It is ideally located for excursions to Tuscany and Umbria.
- Anghiari and all the shops 5 km – 10 min
- Sansepolcro 15 km – 20 min
- Città di Castello 28 km – 30 min
- Arezzo 25 km – 30 min
- Cortona 55 km – 1 hr
- Perugia 80 km – 1 hr
- Gubbio 80 km – 1 hr 10min
- Assisi 95 km – 1 hr 15 min
- Florence 100 km -1 hr 30 min
- Siena 100 km – 1 hr 30 min
- Pisa 180 km – 2 hr 10 min
- Rome 245 km – 2 hr 45 min