OVERVIEW Il Mulino
Mulino in Italian means Mill and this house used to be the mill of the estate. It still retains some of the original features including the two long stone walls which used to channel the water from a nearby stream towards the mill. Today these two walls form a natural enclosure for the pool.
Il Mulino is a building that has evolved over time, bit by bit. It began as a tower and then grew with the needs of each new generation, acquiring additions and extensions as the years went by. The result is a fairytale house with plenty of nooks and crannies, doors and passageways and steps leading “upstairs and downstairs and in my lady’s chamber”.
On the ground floor is a large living and dining room with a fireplace and French windows leading onto a terrace covered in vines for al fresco meals. The well-equipped kitchen has a marble-topped table for informal breakfasts as well as an adjacent larder; as well as a single bedroom with shower, and a laundry room.
The first floor has three bedrooms and three bathrooms. A further double and single bedroom with bath are at the end of an outdoor passage.
The garden has many inviting corners for reading, writing or dozing in the shade, all fully equipped with outdoor furniture.
Meet the owners, and see more of the house and the surrounding estate on this VIDEO.
Amenities and services
Villa is equiped with:
- Pool: 15 x 4.5m
- Private Pool
- Fenced Pool
- Internet access
- Hifi stereo
- Satellite TV
- Dogs welcome
- Bed & bath linens
- Final cleaning
- Pool towels
- A few bycicles are available on the premises
Service on request:
- First shopping
- Arrival dinner
- Baby equipment
- Central heating
Floorplan of the villa
Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom (tub)
1 twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom (shower)
Separate First Floor wing
1 double and one single which share a bathroom (tub)
Large living and dining room
Single bedroom with shower (accessible from the garden)
1 twin bedroom (can be turned into a double) with en-suite bathroom (tub)
Pool 4,50 x 15 metres,
Teak sun beds and deck chairs
Vine covered pergola for outdoor meals
Many sheltered spots for sitting or lying outside
The gardener comes
ESTATE: La Badia
„I had a farm in Tuscany….“ The famous line "Out of Africa" could just as well apply to this farm owned by the Mozzoni Paravicini Crespi family in Lucignano between Arezzo and Siena, only one hour south of Florence.
At four hundred meters above sea level, this organic farm produces olive oil and raises the local white wide-horned cattle; only a part of its five hundred hectares is devoted to agriculture. The rest is covered with Mediterranean bush and woodland where the cattle can roam free and seek the shade in the summer months.
The farm was acquired by the Mozzoni Paravicini Crespi family in the 1960's. They already had a large organic farm in Northern Italy and a busy life in Milan. What they sought here was to create a bucolic ideal of a simple lifestyle in harmony with nature and the local farmers.
Scattered all over the farmland are fifteen farmhouses, one more lovely than the other, overlooking a magnificent Tuscan lanscape of rolling hills dotted with umbrella pines and cypress trees punctuating the horizon. The first farmhouse to be restored for guests is Il Mulino or the Mill.
Meet the owners, and see more of the house and the surrounding estate on this VIDEO.Read more about La Badia
- The nearest village is the medieval hilltop Lucignano, famous for its eliptic walls. Here you will find grocery stores, cafés, newsstands, banks and simple trattorias. A detailed list of restaurants recommended in the vicinity can be found in the farmhouse.
- But you will not want to miss the surrounding villages such as Monte San Savino, Foiano, Sinalunga and Castiglion Fiorentino as well as the medieval hamlet of Gargonza, all of which will conform in their picturesque perfection to everyone's dream of a hilltop Tuscan village.
- Arezzo is the next largish town. You will not want to miss the frescoes by Piero della Francesca in the Basilica San Francesco. If you are at the Mulino on the first week-end of the month, you might also want to visit the antique market on the main square.
- Florence et Siena, Tuscany’s most important cultural milestones, are easy to reach from La Badia.
- A walk through the estate La Badia is an enriching experience which brings you closer to the surroundings. Just follow one of the paths that lead uphill from il Mulino. You will come past the main house of the estate, many yet to be restored farms, a small lake, wild animals and the famous longhorned Tuscan cows. The views stretch accross the estate towards the Orcia valley and the silhouette of the castle of Radicofani in the far back.
- Fashion addicts can splurge out at the famous Prada factory outlet, which lies on to road to Florence.
- Two excellent SPAs can be found in the surroundings. Rapolano Terme (18 km from La Badia).
|Beds||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :01 January 2016 - 19 March 2016, 05 November 2016 - 31 December 2016
* Mid season :19 March 2016 - 14 May 2016, 01 October 2016 - 05 November 2016
* Mid season 2 :14 May 2016 - 02 July 2016, 27 August 2016 - 01 October 2016
* High season :02 July 2016 - 27 August 2016
|Beds||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :1 January 2017 - 8 April 2017, 5 November 2017 - 31 December 2017
* Mid season :8 April 2017 - 6 May 2017, 30 September 2017 - 4 November 2017
* Mid season 2 :6 May 2017 - 1 July 2017, 26 August 2017 - 30 September 2017
* High season :1 July 2017 - 26 August 2017
GUEST REVIEWS, Il Mulino, La Badia
Mulino war perfekt, gibt nichts, was man besser machen könnte. Das Haus ist genau in dem Stil, den ich liebe.
Traumhafte Woche in herrlichem Haus, perfekt organisiert. Könnte nicht besser sein!
Il Mulino ist eine Perle! Die Ausstattung und der menschliche Kontakt waren perfekt. Das Haus ist genau so wie Du es beschrieben hast! Ein Traum von einem Haus! Genießen es restlos, waren in allen Orten inklusive Assisi, Arezzo, Florenz.Andreas Kinsky, Österreich, August 2016
Our week at Il Mulino had only one flaw: it was too short!The house was everything we had imagined and more -- entirely comfortable in every way but more than that, utterly beautiful. And so extremely
well-equipped. We did quite a lot of cooking for the 10 of us and had everything we needed to hand. And the grounds and garden were delightful
scenery and play spaces for us all. We all hated to leave, and my 9-year old grandson wrote in the guest book that the word "paradise" should be
changed to "Il Mulino". I don't think higher praise exists. The staff was exceptional in their welcome, careful attention and cordiality. We wanted for nothing and knew that if we had any questions,
they would be answered in a moment.
Glorious rejuvenation for mind, body and soul. The 10 of us 6 adults and 4 children thoroughly enjoyed our stay in these peaceful and beautiful surroundings. The food from the area was deliciously good and I can say with some certainty that some of us are now a few happy kilograms heavier. We would not have enjoyed our stay more. Thank you!F.S., Germany, June 2014
Merci beaucoup pour cet excellent séjour (malheureusement trop court!) dans ce cadre magnifique et très apaisant. Nous avons beaucoup apprécié le service impeccable de toute l'équipe d'Il Mulino (Vanda, Giramondo, Donella et Andrea) que nous remercions encore. Nous gardons un très bon souvenir de ce lieu exceptionnel et de cette région magique. Un grand merci.C. + S. B., France, août 2014
Now that we are back, I just wanted to get in touch to say what a fabulous time we had at Il Mulino, we were very sorry to be leaving. It's a really magical setting and the house is so well equipped and the decor suits the atmosphere perfectly. Thanks again for the welcome dinner as well, which was much appreciated. We definitely hope to be sitting by that pool again in the not too distant future. The people looking after us were also so charming and could not have been more solicitous - it's a really wonderful property.Aoife, Ireland, August 2014
The location of "Il Mulino " is just spectacular, hidden in the hills on the La Badia estate is really a gem that " trust & Travel" has discovered.
The estate is greatly restored in the Tuscan style and provide all modern equipment needed.
The hospitality of Giramondo, Carla and Andrea is really splendid and they do whatever they can the be of assistance, never seen such enthusiastic and friendly staff.
We asked to have dinner prepared in the house every 2-3 days and Carla is a magic cook and has provided us with great dinner in Tuscan home cooking style. We certainly recommend everybody the 'pick-nick' at the lake, it is really worthwhile, a small lake with clear water, fish and water lilies a
fantastic place to spend an afternoon with the kids. Carla prepared a great lunch and we enjoyed every minute of it, in fact we went a second
time. The garden is huge and our kids enjoyed to play there, the is more than room enough to seek shadow and tranquility if wanted. The 2 weeks holidays were over before we noticed it, we enjoyed every second.
Tout était parfait, l'accueil, la qualité du service,le temps , la piscine, le site. Merci pour votre proposition de maison. Un seul petit défaut, toutefois important: les informations sur l'accès à la propriété sont notoirement insuffisantes...plus d'une heure pour trouver les lieux, pas de pancarte etc; heureusement on oublie très
vite, grâce au charme de l'ensemble.
Wie erwartet haben wir auch diesen Sommer einen wunderschönen Uralub in Italien verbracht. Als erste Gäste im Il Mulino können wir bestätigen, dass dieses Haus perfekt für einen erholsamen Urlaub ist und wirklich gut in das Programm von Trust & Travel passt (sehr gepflegt, geräumig, comfortabel u geschmackvoll ausgestattet u in bester Lage - ich habe es bereits weiterempfohlen). Ausgezeichnet betreut wurden wir auch von allen Kontaktpersonen vor Ort.
Nochmals herzlichen Dank und bis zum nächsten Mal verbleiben wir
mit freundlichen Grüßen
Werkelijk een fantastisch plekje. Een oase van groen en bomen en op een steenswerp afstond de meest fantastische oscaanse dorpjes. Huis van luxe met heerlijk terras vorr Italiaanse lunches en diners.Nannick, Augustus 2008
C’a été une semaine vraiment mémorable! Un grand merci à Katharina pour nous avoir conseillé cet endroit de rêve et félicitations aux proprietaires de cette demeure qui ont su la restaurer en conservant tout sa „saveur“ d’autres temps.Laura, France - Août 2008
It was a great pleasure to stay in this house. We spent 2 relaxing and very comfotable weeks at this place – all of us ( 4 adults and 4 children ) enjoyed it a lot! Tank you Carla and thank you Italy!W.B., Austria, July 2008
La Badia lies 30 km south of Arezzo. The closest village with shopping facilities 5 km from the estate is Lucignano, a typically Tuscan hilltop village famous for its streets arranged in a circle.
- Lucignano, the closest village 5km – 10 min, with all shopping facilities
- Monte San Savino 5 km – 10 min
- Sinalunga 15 km – 20 min
- Arezzo, the closest station 25 km – 30 min
- Cortona, 32 km – 35 min
- Siena 45 km – 40 min
- Chianti 60 km – 45 minutes
- Montepulciano, Pienza & Cortona – 45 min
- Florence 90 km – 1 hr
- Orvieto & Perugia – 1 hr