Venetia - north Italy  » San Bastiano Estate
Overview of the San Bastiano estate
HOUSES ON THIS ESTATE AVAILABLE FOR WEEKLY RENTAL
Villa San Bastiano
Number of beds : 12
- Vicenza center of town 2,4 km
- Padua 40 km (24 miles)
- Venice 75 km (46 miles)
- Verona 60 km (37 miles)
- Lake Garda 80 km (50 miles)
- Bassano del Grappa 40 km (24 miles)
- Asolo 50 km (31 miles)
- Mantova 95 km (59 miles)
Activities & Places of interest
- The Venetian Villas: The hinterland of Venice is famous for the numerous villas (apparently more than 3.000) built between the 15th and the 19th century by whealthy venetians. Some of them are open to the public, for instance Villa Barbaro in Maser, Villa Emo in Fanzolo, and the Villa La Rotonda outside Vicenza. Other interesting villas are the villa Valmarana "Ai Nani" with frescoes by Tiepolo, the Catajo castle and villa Barbarigo which has a baroque garden with boxwood labyrinth.
- The main cultural landmarks of northern Italy: San Bastiano's strategic location makes easy day trips to Padua, Venice, Vérona, Ferrara, lake Garda, Este, Montagnana, Monselice, or Arqua’Petrarca. Each of these towns offers highly interesting sight-seeing. In Padua you will not want to miss „Cappella degli Scrovegni“ with wall to wall frescoes by Giotto. This work of art is considered to be the beginning of the Renaissance.
- Villa San Bastiano lies in walking distance of the church of Monte Berico which has a tomb designed by Palladio and a beautiful altar piece painted by Paolo Veronese.
- 1,5 acres of contemporary art and design at the Bisazza Foundation, which was opened in June 2012 in Montecchio Maggiore (6 miles from Vicenza)
- Interesting fashion outlets such as Armani (in the village Trissino) and Bottega Veneta (in the outskirts of Vicenza).
- The Guardian published an interesting article about Vicenza on november 25th 2012.