OVERVIEW Casa di Maria
The two-storied Casa di Maria lies in one of the outhouses of the estate with a wonderful view onto the castle. The garden belonging to the house – a lawn with fruit trees, surrounded by a hedge and furnished with a table and reclining chairs – is reached across the gravel courtyard.
A living room with dining table, a large kitchen, a double bedroom and a bathroom are on the ground floor. Two bedrooms are on the first floor. The bedrooms are equipped with air condition. The double bedroom has lovely views onto the castle, the twin bedroom window are on the side of the road (there is a little traffic).
The spacious outdoor pool (ideal for laps) at the adjoining golf club is open from the beginning of June to the end of August. Guests are granted free access, the pool is closed on Mondays. Additionally, guests may enjoy the organically shaped lake pool on the estate, surrounded by comfortable sunbeds. Smaller children can have fun in a small above ground pool in a separate area of the garden which is equipped with sun beds shaded by magnolia trees.
The pools on the estate are open from beginning of May to end of September.
Special offers :
Golf players can benefit of reduced green fees at the adjacent Golf Club Montecchia.
The Golf Club has also a simple snack bar as well as a 1 Michelin Star restaurant, which is considered one of the best restaurants in the area. Our guests are entitled a 10% discount !
The estate La Montecchia produces several excellent wines which have won prestigious awards throughout the world. Our guests are granted a 20% discount on the Montecchia wines.
The closest village, Selvazzano, is at 3 km from the estate. Here you will find all you need.
Amenities and services
Villa is equiped with:
- Pool: 25 x 10m
- Internet access
- Air conditioning
- Hifi stereo
- Dogs welcome
- Bed & bath linens
- Final cleaning
Service on request:
- Baby equipment
- Central heating
Floorplan of the villa
Kitchen with dining table
Living room with a second dining table,
Bathroom (shower and bathtub)
1 twin bedroom
- Private garden is equipped with a table for outdoor meals.
- The pool (25×10) belonging to the adjacent Montecchia golf club, only 3 minutes walk away, is open to our guests 6 days a week, from Tuesday to Sunday.
- A small above ground pool (4,50m) is available in the garden of la Montecchia.
ESTATE: La Montecchia
A wine estate in Venetia
A precious jewel set in a legendary landscape – might yet be the most apt definition of La Montecchia, a wine estate which lies just south of Padua and on the borders of a National Park, within easy reach of such cultural meccas as Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Ferrara, Mantua and Rovigo.
The owner of the Montecchia estate, Count Emo Capodilista, a trend-setter in the Veneto, has restored the individual cottages on the estate with flair and modern comfort. Each house has a personality of its own and its own garden where you will want to wine and dine.
Adjacent to the estate lies th La Montecchia golf club which has a pool and a restaurant wich was given a Michelin star in November 2008. The pool is open to guests 6 days a week, from Tuesday to Sunday.
Your busy schedule hunting down the works of famous artists and architects needs to be punctuated by memorable meals at local trattorias, for the best of Italian cooking.
The wine from La Montecchia has increasingly been winning accolades from leading wine critics all over the world. In 2008 their wine Donna Daria was awarded the highest Italian qualification, the „tre bicchieri“ (three glasses) of the guide Gambero Rosso Slow Food. Guests can freely taste and buy the wines of La Montecchia on the premises (special rates for guests). La Montecchia is a medieval hamlet which grows lively at the time of harvest.
In 2012 the La Montecchia estate fulfilled its dream of exclusively using solar energy, produced by a large number of panels invisible to the eye as they spread out over the flat roof of the wine cellar. Well done La Montecchia!
Grottoes: From April to October every Thursday at 10am (except national holidays) the owners of the nearby estate Frassanelle, will take you on a guided tour of the premises. They will give you some history of the Papafava dei Carraresi family, descendants of the Lords of Padua and some information on the flora and fauna found in the park. The tour will include a visit of the villa and the family chapel. Highlight of the tour are the surprisingly large artificial grottoes built at the end of the 19th century under the main villa. Visits in english.Read more about La Montecchia
- The great cultural wealth of the Veneto region and its diversity is one of the main interests of the journey.
- The Venetian Villas: More than 3,000 villas were built in the hinterland of Venice between the 15th and 19th century. Some are open to the public. The most famous are the Palladian villas such as Villa Barbaro at Maser, Villa Emo at Fanzolo and La Rotonda near Vincenza. Do not miss the Villa Valmarana “Ai Nani” with frescoes by Tiepolo, Catajo castle and villa Barbarigo with its baroque garden and a maze of boxwood.
- Major cultural centres of northern Italy: The strategic position of La Montecchia make easy visits to Padua, Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Ferrara, Lake Garda, Este, Montagnana, Monselice or Arqua’ Petrarca. Each of these provincial towns offers a multitude of rewarding cultural visits.
- In Venice you will have the opportunity to visit any of the 84 churches present in the city, including of course the Basilica of St. Marco, which stands next to the Doge’s Palazzo, one of the main landmarks of Venice. You can also visit the islands, such as Murano, famous for its beautiful hand blown glass.
- 40 km from Venice, you will find Padua . If you had to choose one thing to see, it would be the Cappella degli Scrovegni, a chapel entirely painted with frescoes by Giotto in the 14th century. This is considered the work which marks the beginning of the Renaissance. The main museum of Padua exposes the Emo Capodilista collection, given to the Municipality of Padua by the owners of La Montecchia. The Palazzo della Ragione (Palace of Reason), a surprising builing which rises above all the rest of the historical center of Padua exposes another gift made by this family to the municipality, a sumptuous wooden horse.
- At Vicenza you will be dazzled by Palladio’s genius. The beauty of the Olympic Theatre, an embodiment of Andrea Palladio, the Palladian Basilica, another of his masterworks, or the Loggia del Capitano. The small streets of this compact city want to be explored on foot, which will bring an exciting reward at each 20 steps you take.
- The city of Verona contains many treasures: start with the Roman monuments, such as the Roman Arena. Garden lovers will want to visit the Giardino Giusti. The San Zeno church will stay with you for long. Every day the Piazza delle Erbe, a beautiful square in the center of town has a colourful market.
- Asolo is a small town, famous for its lace and silk weaving . It is also resplendent with monuments, such as the remains of an amphitheatre and an aqueduct, the Rocca (castle of the 12th early 13th century), or you can visit the Palazzo della Ragione which has now become the museum of the city. In the last century it was a privileged resort by artists and writers such as Hemingway and Browning and the famous Eleonora Duse.
- The town of Bassano del Grappa is located in the heart of Veneto at the foot of the Alps. The main productions of Bassano are white asparagus, ceramics, and of course grappa. You must see the Cathedral (Duomo), the Castello Superiore (Upper Castle), or the Church of St. John the Baptist.
- The Euganean Hills (protected since 1989) is located south of Padua. There are many small towns to visit such as Este, Montagnana, Monselice and Arqua ‘Petrarca. And let yourself be tempted by small local trattorias!
- The thermal baths of Abano: Only 3km from La Montecchia is the town of Abano Terme, a spa where mineral-rich waters emerge at a temperature of 70°C to 80°C. We recommend a day at the spas of one of the luxurious hotels.
|Beds||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :09 January 2016 - 19 March 2016, 05 November 2016 - 17 December 2016
* Mid season :19 March 2016 - 14 May 2016, 01 October 2016 - 05 November 2016, 16 December 2016 - 06 January 2016
* Mid season 2 :14 May 2016 - 02 July 2016, 27 August 2016 - 01 October 2016
* High season :02 July 2016 - 27 August 2016
|Beds||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :7 January 2017 - 8 April 2017, 4 November 2017 - 16 December 2017
* Mid season :8 April 2017 - 6 May 2017, 30 September 2017 - 4 November 2017, 16 December 2017 - 6 January 2018
* Mid season 2 :6 May 2017 - 1 July 2017, 26 August 2017 - 30 September 2017
* High season :1 July 2017 - 26 August 2017
GUEST REVIEWS, Casa di Maria, La Montecchia
We had a lovely time in Casa di Maria - a home far away from home. We stayed two weeks, visited Padova, Vicenza, Verona, lots of villas and went swimming every day. The restaurant La Montecchia was superb. Bellissimo!P.E., The Netherlands, August 2013
Wir sind schon zum 2. Mal Gäste in La Montecchia und habe es wieder sehr genossen. Als Stadt hat uns Verona am besten Gefallen, und die Kinder konnten sich sehr für die römische Arena und das Haus von Julia begeistern. Sehr gefallen haben uns die beiden Wanderungen auf dem Monte Rosso und Monte Grande.M.F., Deutschland, März 2012
Nous avions besoin de rêver et la Vénétie nous a comblée. Grand merci pour la chaleur de votre accueuil et la qualité des prestations.Famille B., France, avril 2011
I enjoyed it here during the week. Itali is a very nice country. Thank you very much ,Elisabeth Sch. , Belgium, August 2007 10/01/2009
La Montecchia lies 15 km to the south-east of Padua, bordering the regional park of the „colli euganei“ and very close to cultural highlights as Venice, Vincenza, Verona, Ferrara, Mantova and Rovigo. You will also want to visit this region to see the famous Palladio villas.
- Selvazzano, the nearest village 1 km – 5 min
- Abano 5 km – 10 min
- Padua 14 km – 20 min
- Vicenza 40 km – 40 min
- Venice 53 km – 40 min
- Asolo 65 km – 1 hr
- Ferrara 80 km – 1 hr
- Verona 85 km – 1 hr
- Lake Garda 100 km – 1 hr 15 min
- Bologna 120 km – 1 hr 15 min