The charming cottage Lieta, totally restored in 2004, was originally lived in by farmers working on the property. Standing along the crest of a small hill, the house is flanked by the English park and looks out over a wide valley with a view of the Alps in the background. The view from each of the windows recalls 19th century paintings of romantic landscapes.
As all the houses and apartments on this estate, tasteful decoration and comfort are top criteria. Each bedroom has its own bathroom, a large loggia serves as a summer living room, and the rooms were painted in different hues with a keen sense of colours. The living room and one of the bedrooms have open fireplaces. Each of the bedrooms can be either double or twin, according to your needs.
The pool lies within the estate next to the golf clubhouse, approximately a 1o minute walk from Lieta. But of course you can also drive to the pool.
The pool is open from the 1st week of June to the 2nd week of September (please consider that it might open later or close earlier according to the weather). The pool is open from 10 am to 6.30 pm, and it is closed on Tuesdays and with bad weather.
Amenities and services
Villa is equiped with:
- Pool: 10 x 20m
- Internet access
- Air conditioning
- Hifi stereo
- Satellite TV
- Dogs welcome
- Bed & bath linens
- Baby equipment
- Final cleaning
Service on request:
- First shopping
- Arrival dinner
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
Floorplan of the villa
Living and dining room
2 bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (one with shower/one with tub)
Landing furnished as a living room
2 bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (tub with hand shower)
Large Loggia furnished as a summer living space.
The pool lies whitin the estate next to the golf clubhouse, approx. 1 km from Lieta. Size 10×20 m.
Country life in Venetia in search of history, harmony and beauty. Stay in luxuriously restored houses within the historical estate of Frassanelle, an undisclosed oasis of peace between Venice, Padua and Vicenza.
Frassanelle is one of the great Venetian properties. The 150 hectare estate consists of a Venetian Villa, a 19th century english park, a skillfully designed 18 hole golf course and cultivated farmland. All this 20 km south-west of Padua, within easy reach of the famous historic villas of the Veneto, many of them built by the great Italian architect Andrea Palladio, as also the Italian cities of Venice (50 km), Vicenza (23 km), Verona (90 km), Ferrara (80 km), Mantua (98 km), Asolo and the Lake district. Frassanelle reaveals its delights slowly and elegantly.
Leaving the bustling Venetian activities behind you, the drive leads you on a simple country road through fields which melt into the natural park of the Eugenean hills. You will soon discover the main villa of Frassanelle on top of one of the hills, seemingly shielding the elegantly structured farm buildings, the beautifully restored farmhouse Bencontenta and a wonderfully romantic 19th century garden folly reminiscent of a palladian temple.
The estate of Frassanelle has been in the hands of the Counts Papafava since the 13th century, well over 700 years.
From April to October every Thursday at 10am (except national holidays) the owners of Frassanelle will take you on a guided tour of the premises. They will give you some history of the Papafava dei Carraresi family, descendants of the Lords of Padua, some information on the flora and fauna found in the park. Highlight of the tour are the surprisingly large artificial grottoes built at the end of the 19th century under the main villa.Read more about Frassanelle
- The great cultural wealth of the Veneto region and its diversity is one of the main interests of the journey.
- The Venetian Villas: More than 3,000 villas were built in the hinterland of Venice between the 15th and 19th century. Some are open to the public. The most famous are the Palladian villas such as Villa Barbaro at Maser, Villa Emo at Fanzolo and La Rotonda near Vincenza. Do not miss the Villa Valmarana “Ai Nani” with frescoes by Tiepolo, Catajo castle and villa Barbarigo with its baroque garden and a maze of boxwood.
- Major cultural centres of northern Italy: The strategic position of Frassanelle make easy visits to Padua, Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Ferrara, Lake Garda, Este, Montagnana, Monselice or Arqua’ Petrarca. Each of these provincial towns offers a multitude of rewarding cultural visits.
- In Venice you will have the opportunity to visit any of the 84 churches present in the city, including of course the Basilica of St. Marco, which stands next to the Doge’s Palazzo, one of the main landmarks of Venice. You can also visit the islands, such as Murano, famous for its beautiful hand blown glass.
- 40 km from Venice, you will find Padua . If you had to choose one thing to see, it would be the Cappella degli Scrovegni, a chapel entirely painted with frescoes by Giotto in the 14th century. This is considered the work which marks the beginning of the Renaissance. The main museum of Padua exposes the Emo Capodilista collection, given to the Municipality of Padua by the owners of La Montecchia. The Palazzo della Ragione (Palace of Reason), a surprising builing which rises above all the rest of the historical center of Padua exposes another gift made by this family to the municipality, a sumptuous wooden horse.
- At Vicenza you will be dazzled by Palladio’s genius. The beauty of the Olympic Theatre, an embodiment of Andrea Palladio, the Palladian Basilica, another of his masterworks, or the Loggia del Capitano. The small streets of this compact city want to be explored on foot, which will bring an exciting reward at each 20 steps you take.
- The city of Verona contains many treasures: start with the Roman monuments, such as the Roman Arena. Garden lovers will want to visit the Giardino Giusti. The San Zeno church will stay with you for long. Every day the Piazza delle Erbe, a beautiful square in the center of town has a colourful market.
- Asolo is a small town, famous for its lace and silk weaving . It is also resplendent with monuments, such as the remains of an amphitheatre and an aqueduct, the Rocca (castle of the 12th early 13th century), or you can visit the Palazzo della Ragione which has now become the museum of the city. In the last century it was a privileged resort by artists and writers such as Hemingway and Browning and the famous Eleonora Duse.
- The town of Bassano del Grappa is located in the heart of Veneto at the foot of the Alps. The main productions of Bassano are white asparagus, ceramics, and of course grappa. You must see the Cathedral (Duomo), the Castello Superiore (Upper Castle), or the Church of St. John the Baptist.
- The Euganean Hills (protected since 1989) is located south of Padua. There are many small towns to visit such as Este, Montagnana, Monselice and Arqua ‘Petrarca. And let yourself be tempted by small local trattorias!
- The thermal baths of Abano: Only 12 km from Frassanelle is the town of Abano Terme, a spa where mineral-rich waters emerge at a temperature of 70°C to 80°C. We recommend a day at the spas of one of the luxurious hotels.
|Beds||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :6 January 2017 - 8 April 2017, 4 November 2017 - 23 December 2017
* Mid season :8 April 2017 - 13 May 2017, 30 September 2017 - 4 November 2017, 23 December 2017 - 6 January 2018
* Mid season 2 :13 May 2017 - 1 July 2017, 26 August 2017 - 30 September 2017
* High season :1 July 2017 - 26 August 2017
|Beds||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :08 January - 24 March 2018, 10 November - 22 December 2018
* Mid season :24 March - 19 May 2018, 15 September - 10 November 2018, 22 December 2018 - 05 January 2019
* Mid season 2 :19 May - 30 June 2018, 01 September - 15 September 2018
* High season :30 June - 01 September 2018
GUEST REVIEWS, Lieta, Frassanelle
La location Lieta était fort agréable, les informations fournies suffisantes et l’accueil chaleureux. Les personnes étaient toujours disponibles et prêtes à nous renseigner.
Nous avons simplement regretté l’absence de connexion wifi ce qui aurait été appréciable du fait de l’isolement de la maison. (NDR: Lieta est équipée avec une connexion wifi depuis septembre 2010!)
Une seule mauvaise surprise, l’agressivité des moustiques mais nous nous sommes adaptés.
Nous projetons – peut être pour l’année prochaine – de visiter la Toscane et ne manquerons pas de faire appel à vos services.
We just wanted to send a very belated note of thanks to you for all the work you put into our September Italian adventure. The wedding was extraordinary, not only because we were surrounded by friends and family, but because we were in a beautiful place with incredible history. You and your staff made our group feel welcome and at home. It was an altogether other-worldly experience and we will always be immensely grateful.
Thank you for helping to make our fairy-tale a reality!
As we got back from our vacation from Italy, I would like to thank you for your help and kindness and tell you, also on behalf of my family fron the U.S. and from Germany, how much we loved your wonderful house and estate and how much we enjoyed spending a week there in the tranquillity and in the beautiful surroundings. We really would like to come back one day and enjoy more of that gorgeous place. We wish you all the best and hope to see you again very soon
your guests from August 16 to 23 2008
My family and I stayed in 'La Lieta' in Frassanelle from 28th July until 4th August 2007. I am just writing to let you know how much we enjoyed our holiday there. The house was well situated for visiting places of interest, yet in the quiet of the Euganean Hills. Everyone we met on the estate was friendly and helpful. The house was very comfortable and well thought out. Very importantly, it was clean and all the equipment worked well, including the showers, the dishwasher and the insect screens at the windows! We had a lovely time there. With Best WishesJane N., GB, 01/08/2007
The estate Frassanelle lies 20 km to the south-east of Padua, within easy reach of the famous historic villas of the Veneto, many of them built by the great Italian architect Andrea Palladio, as also the Italian cities of Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Ferrara, Mantua, Asolo and the Lake district.
- Montemerlo, the closest village 3 km – 5 min
- Abano Therme with its spas 12 km – 20 min
- Padua 18 km – 20 min
- Vicenza 40 km – 35 min
- Venice 65 km – 1 hr
- Asolo 75 km – 1 hr 15 min
- Ferrara 85 km – 1 hr
- Verona 85 km – 1 hr