A charming villa with pool in the hills above Vicenza, next to the villas Valmarana and La Rotonda
OVERVIEW Villa San Bastiano
Villa San Bastiano has a superb location. It lies up in the hills a 20 minute walk above Vicenza, and overlooks a charming valley called „valle del silenzio“ (valley of tranquility).
The garden of Villa San Bastiano borders on the park of Villa Valmarana ai Nani, a Venetian villa world-famous for its frescoes by Tiepolo. Villa Rotonda, one of Andrea Palladio’s most renowned villas, is an easy 10 minute walk. Just imagine taking a stroll to these inspiring places on a warm a summer evening...
All you see from Villa San Bastiano is the unspoilt valley, the garden facade of Villa Valmarana and, on the opposite side of the valley, the silhouette of the Basilica della Madonna del Monte Berico, a landmark which can be seen from all over Vicenza.
Villa San Bastiano is a comfortable family home for 12 guests. The spacious ground floor rooms are sunny and light and have french windows opening onto the terraces and garden. Two bedrooms, one of which a master suite, are located on the ground floor as well.
Up on the first floor you will find 4 spacious bedrooms, each with its own bathroom, as well as a TV and internet room. Steep stairs lead up to the tower, which has another double with en-suite bath.
The garden, by no means large, but all the same with a sense of space as it flows into the slopes of the valley below, has two terraces for outdoor meals and a pool equipped with sundbeds and deck chairs.
Villa San Bastiano is very well equipped with all mod cons such as wi-fi internet and satellite TV. The rental includes a daily maid who prepares breakfast and cleans the the house. More service is available upon request.
Amenities and services
- Private pool: 8 x 5m
- Internet access
- Air conditioning
- Hifi stereo
- Satellite TV
- Maid service
- Bed & bath linens
- Baby equipment
- Final cleaning
- First shopping
- Arrival dinner
- Maid service
Floorplan of the villa
- Ground Floor
- Dining room
- Living room
- Double room (with 1m40 bed) with en-suite bathroom (shower)
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom (tub)
- 1st Floor
- 2 double or twin rooms, each with en suite bathrooms (tub)
- 2 twin bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms (1 shower, 1 tub)
- Net & TV room with (two extra beds)
Two terraces for outdoor dining
Pool equipped with sunbeds
- The Venetian Villas: The hinterland of Venice is famous for the numerous villas (apparently more than 3.000) built between the 15th and the 19th century by whealthy venetians. Some of them are open to the public, for instance Villa Barbaro in Maser, Villa Emo in Fanzolo, and the Villa La Rotonda outside Vicenza. Other interesting villas are the villa Valmarana "Ai Nani" with frescoes by Tiepolo, the Catajo castle and villa Barbarigo which has a baroque garden with boxwood labyrinth.
- The main cultural landmarks of northern Italy: San Bastiano's strategic location makes easy day trips to Padua, Venice, Vérona, Ferrara, lake Garda, Este, Montagnana, Monselice, or Arqua’Petrarca. Each of these towns offers highly interesting sight-seeing. In Padua you will not want to miss „Cappella degli Scrovegni“ with wall to wall frescoes by Giotto. This work of art is considered to be the beginning of the Renaissance.
- Villa San Bastiano lies in walking distance of the church of Monte Berico which has a tomb designed by Palladio and a beautiful altar piece painted by Paolo Veronese.
- 1,5 acres of contemporary art and design at the Bisazza Foundation, which was opened in June 2012 in Montecchio Maggiore (6 miles from Vicenza)
- Interesting fashion outlets such as Armani (in the village Trissino) and Bottega Veneta (in the outskirts of Vicenza).
- The Guardian published an interesting article about Vicenza on november 25th 2012.
GUEST REVIEWS, Villa San Bastiano, San Bastiano
- Vicenza center of town 2,4 km
- Padua 40 km (24 miles)
- Venice 75 km (46 miles)
- Verona 60 km (37 miles)
- Lake Garda 80 km (50 miles)
- Bassano del Grappa 40 km (24 miles)
- Asolo 50 km (31 miles)
- Mantova 95 km (59 miles)