OVERVIEW Cutignolo Forno
The beaches are at a distance of 14-20 kms. The main hamlet of Marsiliana is 5 kms away. This is also the closest shopping area with a small supermarket, a bar, a bank and post office. The closest village is Albinia at 10 kms distance.
Amenities and services
Villa is equiped with:
- Pool: 7 x 15m
- Hifi stereo
- Dogs welcome
- Bed & bath linens
Service on request:
- Arrival dinner
- Baby equipment
- Central heating
Floorplan of the villa
Large living and dining room
1 double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
2 twin bedrooms, each with en-suite bathrooms
A very large pergola with table and chairs for outdoor meals lies in front of the kitchen, surrounded by irrigated lawns.
The swimming pool is 7 x 15 metres large and is equipped with sunbeds.
Where Tuscany embraces the sea
From the distance, Marsiliana might look like a castle, but as you reach the top of the hill and drive through the gate it resembles an informal hamlet. The surrounding 2800 Ha property is comparable to a natural preserve where wild boars, porcupines, roebucks, tortoises, badgers and herons live in an undisturbed surrounding.
A lesser known and therefore all the more captivating part of Tuscany, the Maremma extends along the southern Tuscan coast. As it moves away from the sea, the land slowly rises, shaping hills covered in olive groves, fields and woods. The hamlet of Marsiliana stands on top of the first small hill, only 14 kms from the sea. It is the centre of a property which consists mainly of woodland and mediterranean macchia. The views from the Castello della Marsiliana are marvelous, looking out onto the sea to one direction, onto olive groves, farstretching fields and rolling hills on the other.
The Estate was originally 8000 Hectares, reduced to 3000 by state expropriation. Over 95% remains woodland, and of the remaining 150, just 18 hectares of the finest land has been transformed into vineyards by Duccio Corsini, since 1995. In 1759 the Corsini family brought agriculture to the previously malaria infested swamp that was the Maremma. Today it is the new frontier for Tuscan agriculture. Here Duccio continues to forge new ground and is at the forefront of those bringing new wine making techniques to the region.Read more about Marsiliana
- The beach at 14 kms from Marsiliana is of fine white sand. Generally the water is warm enough to swim from mid May to mid October.
- The wine estate: Marsiliana has an ambitious and interesting wine production. It is possible to have a visit of the cellars followed by a tasting.
- The WWF Maremma National Park: The Park encompasses seven towers, the remains of an abbey and twenty six grottoes. In summer the National Park can only be visited accompanied by a guide. Visits by night from 8 to 11 pm are a special thrill. At 30 minutes from Marsiliana.
- The Etruscans: a trip through what was known as Etruria is one of the most interesting archaeological excursions in Italy. Tarquinia and Tuscania, only 30 kms away from the Marsiliana estate, boast worldwide famous archeological excavations which should not be missed.
- Monte Argentario: only 20 Minutes from Marsiliana lies the Monte Argentario, a peninsula connected with the mainland by three dams. The Monte Argentario is known for its fine coastline, rich mediterranean vegetation and the two jet set harbours Porto Ercole and Porto Santo Stefano.
- The Tarot-Garden of Niki de Saint-Phalle: on one of the hills not far from Marsiliana the famous french artist hs built her „Jardin des Tarots“, twenty two giant sculptures inspired by the figures of the magic tarot cards. Children love it!
- The islands and hiring a boat: In Porto Santo Stefano, 30 minutes drive from Marsiliana, you can hire boat which will take you to te islands of Giglio and Giannutri off the Tuscan coast. Giglio has a charming main village and castle, and many creeks hidden between the cliffs. Giannutri, its bare coastline dominated by the ruins of a Roman villa overlooking the sea, recalls some of the Greek islands, which deep-sea divers can look for sunken Roman galeons on the sea bed.
- The hot springs of Saturnia: Tuscany is famous for its hot springs. Saturnia, at only 40 minutes from Marsiliana, is the most spectacular, with hot waterfalls in the middle of nature. In summer one might prefer coming here in the evening or even better, at night.
(rates in € / week)2019
|Beds||Nights||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :02 March - 15 June 2019, 14 September - 03 November 2019
* Mid season :
* Mid season 2 :
* High season :15 June - 14 September 2019
GUEST REVIEWS, Cutignolo Forno, Marsiliana
Maremma is a lesser known and therefore all the more captivating part of Tuscany, roughly half way between Florence and Rome. You will discover an area rich in cultural landmarks, softly rolling landscape, good food and excellent wine.
- Marsiliana, the hamlet with a supermarket and café 1 km
- Albinia and the beach 10 km – 15 min
- Saturnia hot springs 35 km – 40 min
- Porto Ercole 28 km – 30 min
- Siena 120 km – 1 hr 45 min
- Rome 150 km – 2 hr
- Florence 185 km – 2 hr 30 min
- Pisa 200 km – 2 hr 30 min