Overview of the Brandolini-Rota Resort
The historical country estate of Brandolino Rota is about an hour north of Venice, just outside the village of Cordignano – the main square with café and the regionally famous gelateria is just a 2-minute walk away. The estate consists of the 17th century villa, a park, wine cellar and 36 hectares of vines. The administrative building was recently converted into 4 very attractive agriturismo apartments for holiydaying in Veneto.
The agriturismo estate of Brandolini Rota is a good base to explore the cultural richness of the Veneto region: Conegliano, Vittorio Veneto, Follina, Asolo, Bassano del Grappa and, of course, Treviso can all be reached in less than an hour. The Maser and Emo Palladian villas are also not far away. From here, you can also visit some less well known places such as Oderzo and Possagno, the birthplace of the sculptor Canova, with a museum that was developed by the contemporary architect Carlo Scarpa. Also relatively close are Venice and the Brenta villas, as well as Padua, the city of St. Anthony and the famous Scrovegni Chapel, Verona with its Roman arena and the famous Romeo and Juliet balcony and Vicenza, the city of Andrea Palladio. If you head north, you can easily plan a day trip to the Dolomites.
Prosecco and grappa come from this area, but many other delicious, high-quality products are made here, such as delectable cheeses, good-quality flour from various grain types and outstanding meat products, chestnuts and mushrooms. The Veneto cuisine is regarded as being one of the best regional cuisines in Italy.
HOUSES ON THIS ESTATE AVAILABLE FOR WEEKLY RENTAL
Number of beds : 6
Number of beds : 4
Number of beds : 5
Number of beds : 6
The self catering agriturismo apartments Brandolini Rota are a 2 minute walk from the center of the village Cordignano.
- Treviso 50 km – 40 min
- Pordenone 25 km – 25 min
- Conegliano Veneto 15 km – 20 min
- Caglieron grottoes 13 km – 20 min
- Aviano 20 km – 25 min
- Pian del Cansiglio 25 km – 35 min
- Venice 75 km – 50 min
- Jesolo 75 km – 1 hr
- Lignano 80 km – 50 min
- Asolo 60 km – 1 hr
- Cortina d’Ampezzo 100 km – 1 hr
- Padua 100 km – 1 hr 10 min
- Vicenza 130 km – 1 hr 30 min
- Florence 315 km – 3 hr 15 min
Activities & Places of interest
- The historical treasures of Veneto from many different historical epochs are just too many to list. Venice, Padua, Vicenza, and Ravenna are reasons enough to pay a visit – even people who have been here many times are sure to discover something new each time. The Brenta canal and the Palladio villas are well worth a visit, while Lake Garda and the Dolomites are also easy to reach.
- The Veneto villas: The Venitian hinterland is famous for its villas that were built between the 15th and 19th centuries. There are estimated to be around 3,000 of them. Some villas are open to visitors, such as Villa Barbaro in Maser, designed by Andrea Palladio, Villa Emo in Fanzolo and the Rotonda near Vicenza. But you really shouldn’t miss Villa Valmarana “Ai Nani”, with frescoes by Tiepolo, Catajo Castle and Villa Barbarigo with its baroque garden and box tree labyrinth.
- Friaul Winery: Outstanding wines are produced by Villa Ronche on Brandolini Rota. The cellar is located in the “barchessa” (barn with arcades), which is typical Veneto architecture. The helpful staff will be happy to show you around and let you sample the Friaul DOC wines that are produced here.
- The vineyards of Conegliano: Here, near Conegliano, you will find the winery that invented the modern prosecco: Carpenè Malvolti. At the end of the 19th century, the winemakers here were able to put the “fizz” into the prosecco and market it as sparkling wine
- Direct sales Borgoluce: a shop selling a wide range of products on this estate, which is run according to environmentally friendly guidelines. Here, you can buy cheese, meat products, flour, olive oil and wine. It’s well worth a visit. http://www.borgoluce.it
- Dama Castellana: In Conegliano, on the 3rd weekend in June the inhabitants play a live game of draughts dressed in Renaissance costumes on the draughts board in Piazza Cima to commemorate the historical battle against Treviso.
- You will find more interesting information on the website of the Province of Treviso.
- Trekking: number of marked treks in the surroundings
- Mountainbiking: many treks in the surrounding
- Tennis Club di Caneva: 6,7 km
- Riding in Conegliano: 14 km
- Golf Club Castel d’Aviano: 20,4 km
- Gof Club del Cansiglio: 12 km
- Fishing in the Lago di Santa Croce: 18,5 km
- Surfing in the Lago di Santa Croce: 20 km
- Swimming: there are two public pools in the vicinity, one in Caneva (4kms) and one in Vttorio Veneto (14kms).
- Wellness: The Kosmic Therme Romane in Pordenone(26kms).Pool, sauna, hammam, massages and fitness.