A medieval defense tower turned into a luxury country house with heated saltwater pool with jacuzzi overlooking the amazing valleys
Torre is an exclusive and luxury villa which has just been rebuilt on the ruins of a medieval tower of the Murlo Estate.
The tower was originally built in a strategic position on the top of a hill overlooking the valley of Monte Tezio and of the castle of Murlo. The villa enjoys a superb position with amazing and stunning views across the immaculate countryside with its secular olive trees and green valleys. This idyllic and rustic scene has changed little since the XII century when it was originally built.
This luxury villa Torre is an elegant villa set on the top of a rolling Umbrian hill within the estates of Murlo and Antognolla offering a peaceful atmosphere, breathtaking views and surely one of the most enjoyable retreats in Umbria yet backed by a discreet five-star service and by the facilities and commodities of a five-star luxury resort.
Torre can accommodate 6 guests in 3 immaculately decorated rooms with ensuite bathrooms all furnished in soft colors with stunning views across the nature reserve. All bedrooms and sitting rooms are blessed with uplifting Umbrian sunlight flooding in trough the windows.
The Ground floor is divided as following: there is a charming and comfortable living room which leads onto the open space dining room with French windows on the terrace and the garden of the villa. Right behind the dining room there is a well equipped kitchen. The living room can comfortably seat 8 people on the most relaxing and soft sofas.
The extensive private grounds surrounding Torre provide privacy, as well as making it ideal for walkers and nature lovers, wishing to explore the surrounding woodland and nature reserve.
Guests can swim in the superb infinity pool, drink a glass of wine on the stunning roof terrace, enjoy a romantic candle lighted dinner prepared by our chef on the terraces of the villa and then sleep deeply in over-sized beds among the finest soft cottons.
18 holes championship golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr, golf clubhouse and restaurant facilities in the same estate at 3 minutes from the villa, accessible also with golf cart through a private path across the nature reserve.
Amenities and services
- Pool: 6 x 15m
- Private pool:
- Internet access
- Air conditioning
- Hifi stereo
- Satellite TV
- Maid service
- Bed & bath linens
- Final cleaning
- First shopping
- Baby equipment
- Central heating
Floorplan of the villa
King size double bedroom
En-suite bathroom (shower)
Bedroom with 2 bunk beds (sleeps 4)
En-suite bathroom (shower)
King sized double bedroom with steps leading up to the roof terrace
Infinity heated saltwater pool (6x15) with jacuzzi, terrace with comfortable sofas and chairs. outdoor dining terrace, barbecue facilities
Murlo is one of the most exclusive private country estates in Italy owned by the same family for generations. The estate of the castle of Murlo dominates the suggestive valley of Monte Tezio and it is located 20 km from Perugia and 15 km from lago Trasimeno.
With its 18 000 acres of immaculate woods, valleys, lakes and rivers, it is the perfect place for a relaxing and private holiday providing a degree of comfort and elegance that it is difficult to surpass. This haven of tranquility is the perfect setting for those who seek a holiday retreat from their frenetic lifestyles and an escape to something more spiritual and calm, enjoying the luxuries of time out and privacy, yet backed by a five-star service and by the facilities and commodities of the luxury golf resort of Antognolla, complete with 18 hole golf course, club and restaurant.
Four spectacular villas (Subtilia, San Savino, Torre and Camminata) have just been restored to offer guests the possibility to explore and live Umbria and fully enjoy the charm of the Umbrian countryside.
- Umbria has an enormous variety and number of traditional feasts throughout the year. The local communities treat these events as an opportunity to confirm their roots and identity and it is a wonderful opportunity for tourists to experience genuine expressions of Umbrian culture and folklore. We can provice a month by month list of the events in the area of the Antognolla and Murlo Estates.
- to exemplify: Gubbio is known for its palio, the Corsa dei Ceri, a spectacular run held every year on May 15, in which three teams run through throngs of cheering supporters up much of the mountain from the main square in front of the Palazzo dei Consoli to the basilica of S. Ubaldo, each team carrying a statue of their saint.
- Gubbio is so perfect, it looks like a medieval movie set. The main monuments and sightseeings of the city include the Roman Theatre which is still in use for performances, the massive Palazzo dei Consoli, the duomo and the Palazzo Ducale.
- In Orvieto, don’t miss the fanciful Gothic Duomo, which soars seven stories high. Inside are magnificently vibrant and graphic frescoes of the Apocalypse by Luca Signorelli.
- In Assisi, you’ll want to visit the famous basilica dedicated to Italy’s patron saint, Francis. Frescoes by Giotto vividly tell the story of St. Francis’s life. In the Piazza del Comune you’ll find a church inserted into the remains of the ancient Temple of Minerva. Above town stands the Rocca Maggiore, a fortress that protected citizens during attacks. For a dose of nature and spiritual contemplation, walk to the hermitage, the Eremo dell Carceri.
- In Spoleto, visit the Roman theater and the archeological museum for a view of ancient Umbria. Go see the pre-Renaissance frescoes by Fra Lippo Lippi and Pinturicchio. The church of San Salvatore is one of Italy’s oldest and is set within the remains of an ancient Roman temple.
- In Deruta, stroll the color-splashed streets where Italy’s most famous hand-made ceramics are produced.
- Visit charming Citta’ di Castello, which packs a lot into such a small town, with palaces, churches, towers, and –of course- a castle, all sitting pretty and begging to be explored.
- In Todi you’ll find all the main sights conveniently concentrated onto the Gothic Piazza del Popolo, which is itself set over top of an ancient Roman cistern system. Below town is the striking Renaissance church of Santa Maria della Consolazione.
- In Perugia, be sure to see the frescoes by local artist Pietro Perugino in the Galleria Nazionale dell’Umbria and in the town hall’s Sala del Cambio. Step back to ancient times at the Etruscan arch and Etruscan well. Enjoy the lively atmosphere at the large fountain, the Fontana Maggiore. Sample the chocolates named for the city.
- Perugia plays host to international visitors with its acclaimed annual Umbria Jazz Festival, held each July. A wildly popular chocolate festival every October pays homage to the city’s sweet side.
- Spoleto offers up culture, dramatic performances and musical concerts during the Festival dei Due Mondi.
- Gubbio’s Roman theatre is a dramatic setting for summertime, open-air performances.
- For children: Maridiana is a farm that breeds Alpacas, angora goats and selected sheep, situated in Tiber Valley approximately 10 minutes from Umbertide.
- Citta Della Domenica Park: A wonderful zoo / adventure land on the outskirts of Perugia. It features both domestic and wild animals, various play areas and a train. It is a lovely day out for the family with young children. www.cittadelladomenica.com
- ‘Parco del Sole’ is a wildlife park that stretches all along a river. There are about 300 species, and you can find a full series of services (bar and dining area, games area, football field, volley field, bowls field, picnic area) that will allow you to spend relaxing hours with the family. The park is situated just off the E45 south of Deruta, which is approximately a 40 minute drive from the villa. www.parcodelsole.com
- Perugina Chocolate Factory and Museum in Perugia: Any chocolate lover can take a trip to the nearby Perugina factory and visit the museum and take a guided tour of the factory. Free entry. Open Monday to Friday
GUEST REVIEWS, Torre, Murlo
- San Giovanni del Pantano - 2 minutes (small grocery store)
- Pierantonio 8 km - 10 min, small village with good choice of shops, bank, etc.
- Lake Trasimeno 15 km - 20 min
- Umbertide 15 km - 20 min
- Perugia 20 km - 25 min
- Gubbio 35 km - 35 min
- Città di Castello 35 km - 30 min
- Deruta 45 km - 35 min
- Assisi 47 km - 40 min
- Cortona 48 km - 45 min
- Spello 52 km - 35 min
- Foligno 58 km - 45 min
- Montepulciano 64 km - 1 hr
- Todi 70 km - 1 hr
- Spoleto 84 km - 1 hr
- Rome 211 km - 2 hr 30 min