1.0 Our core beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2.0 Relevant legislation
Along with our business and internal computer systems, our website’s are designed to comply with the following national and international legislations with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- Australian Privacy Act 1988 (APA)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well.
3.0 Personal information that this website collects and why we collect it
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
3.2 Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our contact us page or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined. The data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
3.3 Blog Emails
If you choose to join our Blog Emails, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to Mailchimp who provide us with email marketing services. We consider Mailchimp to be a third party data processor. The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within the Mailchimp database for as long as we continue to use Mailchimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
While your email address remains within the Mailchimp mailing list, you will receive monthly newsletter-style emails from us.
3.4 What data we gather & how we use it
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To send you promotional emails about services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you information you have requested about a rental property
- To update you with our news or blog stories
- To show you special offers
- To ask you for feedback
4.0 How we store your personal information
If you submit a form on this website some personal information will be stored within this website’s database, sent to our Email Marketing Platform Mailchimp & on to our CRM system. This is currently the only occasion where personal data will be stored on this website. This data is currently stored in an identifiable fashion; a limitation of the content management system that this website is built with.
5.0 About this website’s server
This website is hosted on servers run within a data centre located in Vienna, Austria.
Some of the more notable security features are as follows:
- State of the art data centre IS027001 certified
- Site-wide Surveillance, Biometric Entry System, Trigon-Gas extinguishing system, redundant Cooling and Power Systems.
- 24×7 security & video surveillance
- All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
- Firewalls protect our server against attacks and unauthorised access.
Full details of our providers data centre please contact us: email@example.com
6.0 Our third party data processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation.
7.0 Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.