OVERVIEW Santa Croce
This three bedroom villa, perched on the very top of Monte Santa Croce, is an example of flawless restoration on an exceptional site. Perhaps Santa Croce’s real name should be “the-villa-on-top-of-the-world” thanks to an extraordinary location with 360° views over the Murlo Estate and Umbria.
Santa Croce impresses with its fine interior design and large infinity pool that seems to float above the valley of Murlo.
The ground floor is made up of a spacious sitting room, with large comfortable sofas, equipped with a wide screen LCD TV with Sky Italia television and sports channels, DVD player and iPod docking station.
The living room has a working fire place and lots of books and games for your party to enjoy.
The adjoining dining room seats 6 in comfort and leads to the well-equipped kitchen complete with dishwasher, oven, two fridges and microwave oven. Nest to it is a laundry room with washing machine, iron and ironing board.
On the upper floor you will find two spectacular king-size double bedrooms, each with a spacious en-suite bathroom and a superb double bedroom with four poster bed and en-suite bathroom.
Amenities and services
Villa is equiped with:
- Pool: 13 x 5m
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- Internet access
- Air conditioning
- Satellite TV
- Maid Service
- Bed & bath linens
- Final cleaning
- Pool towels
- 2 fridges - microwave
Service on request:
- First shopping
- Baby equipment
- Central heating
- Pool heating
Floorplan of the villa
Living room with fireplace
King bedroom with bathroom (shower)
King bedroom with bathroom (shower)
King bedroom with four poster bed and bathroom (shower)
- Heatable private infinity pool (13mx5m)
- Sun-beds, tables and parasols around the pool
- Separate furnished terrace for breakfast located just in front of the kitchen
- Armchairs and sofa with parasol on the terrace in front of the living room
- Spectacular terrace with dining table and chairs seating eight in front of the dining room
- Barbecue area with beautiful panoramic terrace complete with table seating 6
- Superb teak hammock
- Private fenced and landscaped garden
ESTATE: Tenuta di Murlo
Tenuta di Murlo is one of the most exclusive private country estates in Italy owned by the same family for generations. The estate of the castle of Murlo dominates the suggestive valley of Monte Tezio and it is located 20 km from Perugia and 15 km from lake Trasimeno.
With its 18 000 acres of immaculate woods, valleys, lakes and rivers, it is the perfect place for a relaxing and private holiday providing a degree of comfort and elegance that it is difficult to surpass. This haven of tranquility is the perfect setting for those who seek a holiday retreat from their frenetic lifestyles and an escape to something more spiritual and calm, enjoying the luxuries of time out and privacy, yet backed by a five-star service and by the facilities and commodities of the luxury golf resort of Antognolla, complete with 18 hole golf course, club and restaurant.
Read more about Tenuta di Murlo
- Umbria has an enormous variety and number of traditional feasts throughout the year. The local communities treat these events as an opportunity to confirm their roots and identity and it is a wonderful opportunity for tourists to experience genuine expressions of Umbrian culture and folklore. We can provice a month by month list of the events in the area of the Antognolla and Murlo Estates.
- to exemplify: Gubbio is known for its palio, the Corsa dei Ceri, a spectacular run held every year on May 15, in which three teams run through throngs of cheering supporters up much of the mountain from the main square in front of the Palazzo dei Consoli to the basilica of S. Ubaldo, each team carrying a statue of their saint.
- Gubbio is so perfect, it looks like a medieval movie set. The main monuments and sightseeings of the city include the Roman Theatre which is still in use for performances, the massive Palazzo dei Consoli, the duomo and the Palazzo Ducale.
- In Orvieto, don’t miss the fanciful Gothic Duomo, which soars seven stories high. Inside are magnificently vibrant and graphic frescoes of the Apocalypse by Luca Signorelli.
- In Assisi, you’ll want to visit the famous basilica dedicated to Italy’s patron saint, Francis. Frescoes by Giotto vividly tell the story of St. Francis’s life. In the Piazza del Comune you’ll find a church inserted into the remains of the ancient Temple of Minerva. Above town stands the Rocca Maggiore, a fortress that protected citizens during attacks. For a dose of nature and spiritual contemplation, walk to the hermitage, the Eremo dell Carceri.
- In Spoleto, visit the Roman theater and the archeological museum for a view of ancient Umbria. Go see the pre-Renaissance frescoes by Fra Lippo Lippi and Pinturicchio. The church of San Salvatore is one of Italy’s oldest and is set within the remains of an ancient Roman temple.
- In Deruta, stroll the color-splashed streets where Italy’s most famous hand-made ceramics are produced.
- Visit charming Citta’ di Castello, which packs a lot into such a small town, with palaces, churches, towers, and –of course- a castle, all sitting pretty and begging to be explored.
- In Todi you’ll find all the main sights conveniently concentrated onto the Gothic Piazza del Popolo, which is itself set over top of an ancient Roman cistern system. Below town is the striking Renaissance church of Santa Maria della Consolazione.
- In Perugia, be sure to see the frescoes by local artist Pietro Perugino in the Galleria Nazionale dell’Umbria and in the town hall’s Sala del Cambio. Step back to ancient times at the Etruscan arch and Etruscan well. Enjoy the lively atmosphere at the large fountain, the Fontana Maggiore. Sample the chocolates named for the city.
- Perugia plays host to international visitors with its acclaimed annual Umbria Jazz Festival, held each July. A wildly popular chocolate festival every October pays homage to the city’s sweet side.
- Spoleto offers up culture, dramatic performances and musical concerts during the Festival dei Due Mondi.
- Gubbio’s Roman theatre is a dramatic setting for summertime, open-air performances.
- For children: Maridiana is a farm that breeds Alpacas, angora goats and selected sheep, situated in Tiber Valley approximately 10 minutes from Umbertide.
- Citta Della Domenica Park: A wonderful zoo / adventure land on the outskirts of Perugia. It features both domestic and wild animals, various play areas and a train. It is a lovely day out for the family with young children. www.cittadelladomenica.com
- ‘Parco del Sole’ is a wildlife park that stretches all along a river. There are about 300 species, and you can find a full series of services (bar and dining area, games area, football field, volley field, bowls field, picnic area) that will allow you to spend relaxing hours with the family. The park is situated just off the E45 south of Deruta, which is approximately a 40 minute drive from the villa. www.parcodelsole.com
- Perugina Chocolate Factory and Museum in Perugia: Any chocolate lover can take a trip to the nearby Perugina factory and visit the museum and take a guided tour of the factory. Free entry. Open Monday to Friday
(rates in € / week)2022
|Beds||Nights||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :
* Mid season :8 January - 9 April 2022, 23 April - 21 May 2022, 8 October - 17 December 2022
* Mid season 2 :9 April - 23 April 2022, 21 May - 25 June 2022, 3 September - 8 October 2022, 17 December 2022 - 7 January 2023
* High season :25 June - 3 September 2022
GUEST REVIEWS, Santa Croce, Tenuta di Murlo
The Murlo estate lies in the heart of Umbria, only 20 km from the town of Perugia
- San Giovanni del Pantano – 2 minutes (small grocery store)
- Pierantonio 8 km – 10 min, small village with good choice of shops, bank, etc.
- Lake Trasimeno 15 km – 20 min
- Umbertide 15 km – 20 min
- Perugia 20 km – 25 min
- Gubbio 35 km – 35 min
- Città di Castello 35 km – 30 min
- Deruta 45 km – 35 min
- Assisi 47 km – 40 min
- Cortona 48 km – 45 min
- Spello 52 km – 35 min
- Foligno 58 km – 45 min
- Montepulciano 64 km – 1 hr
- Todi 70 km – 1 hr
- Spoleto 84 km – 1 hr
- Rome 211 km – 2 hr 30 min