OVERVIEW Casa di Nando
Named after the farmer who last lived here, the Casa di Nando is a two-storied house with a private garden, attached to the historical tasting rooms of the estate. The garden is bordered by a hedge and the large table makes an inviting spot for outdoor meals.
The light, airy, whitewashed rooms furnished with charming rural antiques belonging to the family provide a sunny, friendly as well as very comfortable accomodation. The house was fully restored in 2001 and redecorated in 2010.
The spacious outdoor pool (ideal for laps) at the adjoining golf club is open from the beginning of June to the end of August. Guests of La Montecchia can use the pool at a reduced rate, the pool is closed with bad weather. Additionally, guests may enjoy the organically shaped lake pool on the estate, surrounded by comfortable sunbeds. The pool is shared with all guests of La Montecchia. The pool on the estate is open from beginning of May to end of September.
Special offers :
Golf players can benefit of reduced green fees at the adjacent Golf Club Montecchia.
The adjacent Golf Club has two convenient restaurants. The Montecchia Green is an informal place with a nice terrace that serves light meals. On the first floor you will find the Ristorante La Montecchia which serves haute cuisine and has an excellent wine list.
The estate La Montecchia produces several excellent wines which have won prestigious awards throughout the world. Our guests are granted a 10% discount on the Montecchia wines.
The closest village, Selvazzano, is at 3 km from the estate. Here you will find all you need.
Amenities and services
Villa is equiped with:
- Pool: 25 x 10m
- Internet access
- Air conditioning
- Hifi stereo
- Dogs welcome
- Bed & bath linens
- Baby equipment
- Final cleaning
- Heating costs, air conditioning in the bedrooms
Service on request:
Floorplan of the villa
Entrance and staircase (Ground floor)
Kitchen with dining table
1 bathroom (tub)
A private garden is equipped with a table for outdoor meals.
Access at a reduced rate to the pool (25×10) belonging to the adjacent Montecchia golf club, only 3 minutes walk away. Organically shaped lake pool on the estate.
ESTATE: La Montecchia
A wine estate in Venetia
A precious jewel set in a legendary landscape – might yet be the most apt definition of La Montecchia, a wine estate which lies just south of Padua and on the borders of a National Park, within easy reach of such cultural meccas as Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Ferrara, Mantua and Rovigo.
The owner of the Montecchia estate, Count Emo Capodilista, a trend-setter in the Veneto, has restored the individual cottages on the estate with flair and modern comfort. Each house has a personality of its own and its own garden where you will want to wine and dine.
Adjacent to the estate lies th La Montecchia golf club which has a large pool and two convenient restaurants. The pool is open to guests 6 days a week, from Tuesday to Sunday.
Your busy schedule hunting down the works of famous artists and architects needs to be punctuated by memorable meals at local trattorias, for the best of Italian cooking.
The wine from La Montecchia has increasingly been winning accolades from leading wine critics all over the world. In 2008 their wine Donna Daria was awarded the highest Italian qualification, the „tre bicchieri“ (three glasses) of the guide Gambero Rosso Slow Food. Guests can freely taste and buy the wines of La Montecchia on the premises (special rates for guests). La Montecchia is a medieval hamlet which grows lively at the time of harvest.
In 2012 the La Montecchia estate fulfilled its dream of exclusively using solar energy, produced by a large number of panels invisible to the eye as they spread out over the flat roof of the wine cellar. Well done La Montecchia!
Grottoes: From April to October every Thursday at 10am (except national holidays) the owners of the nearby estate Frassanelle, will take you on a guided tour of the premises. They will give you some history of the Papafava dei Carraresi family, descendants of the Lords of Padua and some information on the flora and fauna found in the park. The tour will include a visit of the villa and the family chapel. Highlight of the tour are the surprisingly large artificial grottoes built at the end of the 19th century under the main villa. Visits in english.Read more about La Montecchia
- The great cultural wealth of the Veneto region and its diversity is one of the main interests of the journey.
- The Venetian Villas: More than 3,000 villas were built in the hinterland of Venice between the 15th and 19th century. Some are open to the public. The most famous are the Palladian villas such as Villa Barbaro at Maser, Villa Emo at Fanzolo and La Rotonda near Vincenza. Do not miss the Villa Valmarana “Ai Nani” with frescoes by Tiepolo, Catajo castle and villa Barbarigo with its baroque garden and a maze of boxwood.
- Major cultural centres of northern Italy: The strategic position of La Montecchia make easy visits to Padua, Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Ferrara, Lake Garda, Este, Montagnana, Monselice or Arqua’ Petrarca. Each of these provincial towns offers a multitude of rewarding cultural visits.
- In Venice you will have the opportunity to visit any of the 84 churches present in the city, including of course the Basilica of St. Marco, which stands next to the Doge’s Palazzo, one of the main landmarks of Venice. You can also visit the islands, such as Murano, famous for its beautiful hand blown glass.
- 40 km from Venice, you will find Padua . If you had to choose one thing to see, it would be the Cappella degli Scrovegni, a chapel entirely painted with frescoes by Giotto in the 14th century. This is considered the work which marks the beginning of the Renaissance. The main museum of Padua exposes the Emo Capodilista collection, given to the Municipality of Padua by the owners of La Montecchia. The Palazzo della Ragione (Palace of Reason), a surprising builing which rises above all the rest of the historical center of Padua exposes another gift made by this family to the municipality, a sumptuous wooden horse.
- At Vicenza you will be dazzled by Palladio’s genius. The beauty of the Olympic Theatre, an embodiment of Andrea Palladio, the Palladian Basilica, another of his masterworks, or the Loggia del Capitano. The small streets of this compact city want to be explored on foot, which will bring an exciting reward at each 20 steps you take.
- The city of Verona contains many treasures: start with the Roman monuments, such as the Roman Arena. Garden lovers will want to visit the Giardino Giusti. The San Zeno church will stay with you for long. Every day the Piazza delle Erbe, a beautiful square in the center of town has a colourful market.
- Asolo is a small town, famous for its lace and silk weaving . It is also resplendent with monuments, such as the remains of an amphitheatre and an aqueduct, the Rocca (castle of the 12th early 13th century), or you can visit the Palazzo della Ragione which has now become the museum of the city. In the last century it was a privileged resort by artists and writers such as Hemingway and Browning and the famous Eleonora Duse.
- The town of Bassano del Grappa is located in the heart of Veneto at the foot of the Alps. The main productions of Bassano are white asparagus, ceramics, and of course grappa. You must see the Cathedral (Duomo), the Castello Superiore (Upper Castle), or the Church of St. John the Baptist.
- The Euganean Hills (protected since 1989) is located south of Padua. There are many small towns to visit such as Este, Montagnana, Monselice and Arqua ‘Petrarca. And let yourself be tempted by small local trattorias!
- The thermal baths of Abano: Only 3km from La Montecchia is the town of Abano Terme, a spa where mineral-rich waters emerge at a temperature of 70°C to 80°C. We recommend a day at the spas of one of the luxurious hotels.
(rates in € / week)2021
|Beds||Nights||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :2 January - 27 March 2021, 6 November - 18 December 2021
* Mid season :27 March - 22 May 2021, 11 September - 6 November 2021, 18 December 2021 - 8 January 2022
* Mid season 2 :22 May - 3 July 2021, 28 August - 11 September 2021
* High season :3 July - 28 August 2021
GUEST REVIEWS, Casa di Nando, La Montecchia
Gerne bestätige ich Ihnen auf diesem Wege, dass die Realität uneingeschränkt das gehalten hat, was mir von Ihnen im Vorfeld avisiert wurde.
Es gibt im Vertrieb einen ebenso platten wie wahrhaftigen Spruch: man muss beides können, versprechen und halten. Genau das ist Ihnen gelungen! Und: wir wurden von den beiden Damen vor Ort bestens betreut und versorgt. Kurzum, meine Frau und ich haben uns in Casa die Nando sehr wohl gefühlt. Eine erneute Buchung über Trust & Travel ist alles andere als ausgeschlossen!
Beautiful house - We've had a fantastic week ! Golf club café next door very good food. Thank you!H.M., Great Britain, September 2013
First time in Casa di Nando, with our 2 sons. We experienced the best of Italy! Nice people, excellent food, lovely wine, cosy house and wonderful surroundings. Arrivederci!C.L., Netherlands, August 2013
A gentle healing place. We especially enjoyed the roses which made out outdoor meals festive. So much to see, and lovely weather made sightseeing even more pleasurable.M.C., United Kingdom, May 2012
Wir sind zum 3. Mal hier - jedes Mal finden wir es noch schöner als beim letzten Aufenthalt! Die Wohnung ist so gemütlich, der Blick aus den Fenstern eine Augenweide. Wir freuen uns auf das nächste Mal!E.L., Deutschland, Mai 2012
Zum 4. Mal hier gewesen. Wir konnten wieder gut entspannen. Danke an Guerrina, Elena und Roberta.A.J., Deutschland, Jänner 2012
We have had such a fantastic time with memories to last. Thank you so much for the helpful advice from the ladies in the wine shop.The Gansides, England, October 2011
Wir haben uns hier in den letzten 2 Wochen sehr, sehr wohl gefühlt! Es ist eine wunderschöne Wohnung und ein sehr angenehmer Garten, und zum Glück hatten wir sonniges, wenn auch bisweilen kaltes Wetter. Bis vielleicht ein anderes Mal?H.H., Deutschland, Oktober 2011
We loved this place. Thanks for the warm welcome.T.A., The Netherlands, July 2010
Un monde s'est ouvert à nous et la casa di Nando fut notre refuge après des journées pleines d'heureuses découvertes.A.A, France, août 2009
We come from Turin and we were really delighted with the quiet and lovely atmosphere of the surroundings. We liked so much the cities we visited ( Venezia, Padova,Vicenze ) , but we liked best the little villages such as Bassano,Marostica, and the „Riviera del Brenta“. Don’t miss a visit to Petrarca’s house in Arquà Petrarca ( Petrarca was a very important Italian poet). Don’t worry if you have problems with road signs! This is part of the „Italian style“ . And we also were sometimes in trouble to find the right way.....ask people, you will always receive kind informations! Enjoy your holidays!Stefanie, Guido, Sofia e Irene, Italy, August 2008 10/01/2009
La Montecchia lies 15 km to the south-east of Padua, bordering the regional park of the „colli euganei“ and very close to cultural highlights as Venice, Vincenza, Verona, Ferrara, Mantova and Rovigo. You will also want to visit this region to see the famous Palladio villas.
- Selvazzano, the nearest village 1 km – 5 min
- Abano 5 km – 10 min
- Padua 14 km – 20 min
- Vicenza 40 km – 40 min
- Venice 53 km – 40 min
- Asolo 65 km – 1 hr
- Ferrara 80 km – 1 hr
- Verona 85 km – 1 hr
- Lake Garda 100 km – 1 hr 15 min
- Bologna 120 km – 1 hr 15 min