OVERVIEW Casa del Prete
A couple of steps and a wrought iron gate lead into the garden of the Casa del Prete, putting an agreable distance between the daily activities of the estate and the charming two-storied building. As the name indicates, the castle priest once lived here.
The hall, a spacious, comfortable sitting room, the kitchen, the dining room and a bathroom are on the ground floor, with light pouring in through the windows from both sides of the house. A stairway leads up to two bedrooms on the first floor, one with a bathroom en suite.
A private garden with a linden tree is equipped with a table for outdoor meals.
The spacious outdoor pool (ideal for laps) at the adjoining golf club is open from the beginning of June to the end of August. Guests of La Montecchia can use the pool free of charge. The pool is closed with bad weather. Additionally, smaller children can have fun on the estate in a small above ground pool in a separate area of the garden which is equipped with sun beds shaded by magnolia trees. The pool is open from beginning of May to end of September.
Special offers :
Golf players can benefit of reduced green fees at the adjacent Golf Club Montecchia.
The Golf Club has also a simple snack bar as well as a 1 Michelin Star restaurant, which is considered one of the best restaurants in the area. Our guests are entitled a 10% discount!
The estate La Montecchia produces several excellent wines which have won prestigious awards throughout the world. Our guests are granted a 10% discount on the Montecchia wines.
The closest village, Selvazzano, is at 3 km from the estate. Here you will find all you need.
Amenities and services
Villa is equiped with:
- Pool: 25 x 10m
- Internet access
- Air conditioning
- Hifi stereo
- Dogs welcome
- Bed & bath linens
- Baby equipment
- Final cleaning
Service on request:
- Maid service
Floorplan of the villa
1 double room with en-suite bathroom
1 twin bedroom
A private garden with a linden tree is equipped with a table for outdoor meals.
The pool (25×10) belonging to the adjacent Montecchia golf club, only 3 minutes walk away, is open to our guests .
ESTATE: La Montecchia
A wine estate in Venetia
A precious jewel set in a legendary landscape – might yet be the most apt definition of La Montecchia, a wine estate which lies just south of Padua and on the borders of a National Park, within easy reach of such cultural meccas as Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Ferrara, Mantua and Rovigo.
The owner of the Montecchia estate, Count Emo Capodilista, a trend-setter in the Veneto, has restored the individual cottages on the estate with flair and modern comfort. Each house has a personality of its own and its own garden where you will want to wine and dine.
Adjacent to the estate lies th La Montecchia golf club which has a pool and a restaurant wich was given a Michelin star in November 2008. The pool is open to guests 6 days a week, from Tuesday to Sunday.
Your busy schedule hunting down the works of famous artists and architects needs to be punctuated by memorable meals at local trattorias, for the best of Italian cooking.
The wine from La Montecchia has increasingly been winning accolades from leading wine critics all over the world. In 2008 their wine Donna Daria was awarded the highest Italian qualification, the „tre bicchieri“ (three glasses) of the guide Gambero Rosso Slow Food. Guests can freely taste and buy the wines of La Montecchia on the premises (special rates for guests). La Montecchia is a medieval hamlet which grows lively at the time of harvest.
In 2012 the La Montecchia estate fulfilled its dream of exclusively using solar energy, produced by a large number of panels invisible to the eye as they spread out over the flat roof of the wine cellar. Well done La Montecchia!
Grottoes: From April to October every Thursday at 10am (except national holidays) the owners of the nearby estate Frassanelle, will take you on a guided tour of the premises. They will give you some history of the Papafava dei Carraresi family, descendants of the Lords of Padua and some information on the flora and fauna found in the park. The tour will include a visit of the villa and the family chapel. Highlight of the tour are the surprisingly large artificial grottoes built at the end of the 19th century under the main villa. Visits in english.Read more about La Montecchia
- The great cultural wealth of the Veneto region and its diversity is one of the main interests of the journey.
- The Venetian Villas: More than 3,000 villas were built in the hinterland of Venice between the 15th and 19th century. Some are open to the public. The most famous are the Palladian villas such as Villa Barbaro at Maser, Villa Emo at Fanzolo and La Rotonda near Vincenza. Do not miss the Villa Valmarana “Ai Nani” with frescoes by Tiepolo, Catajo castle and villa Barbarigo with its baroque garden and a maze of boxwood.
- Major cultural centres of northern Italy: The strategic position of La Montecchia make easy visits to Padua, Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Ferrara, Lake Garda, Este, Montagnana, Monselice or Arqua’ Petrarca. Each of these provincial towns offers a multitude of rewarding cultural visits.
- In Venice you will have the opportunity to visit any of the 84 churches present in the city, including of course the Basilica of St. Marco, which stands next to the Doge’s Palazzo, one of the main landmarks of Venice. You can also visit the islands, such as Murano, famous for its beautiful hand blown glass.
- 40 km from Venice, you will find Padua . If you had to choose one thing to see, it would be the Cappella degli Scrovegni, a chapel entirely painted with frescoes by Giotto in the 14th century. This is considered the work which marks the beginning of the Renaissance. The main museum of Padua exposes the Emo Capodilista collection, given to the Municipality of Padua by the owners of La Montecchia. The Palazzo della Ragione (Palace of Reason), a surprising builing which rises above all the rest of the historical center of Padua exposes another gift made by this family to the municipality, a sumptuous wooden horse.
- At Vicenza you will be dazzled by Palladio’s genius. The beauty of the Olympic Theatre, an embodiment of Andrea Palladio, the Palladian Basilica, another of his masterworks, or the Loggia del Capitano. The small streets of this compact city want to be explored on foot, which will bring an exciting reward at each 20 steps you take.
- The city of Verona contains many treasures: start with the Roman monuments, such as the Roman Arena. Garden lovers will want to visit the Giardino Giusti. The San Zeno church will stay with you for long. Every day the Piazza delle Erbe, a beautiful square in the center of town has a colourful market.
- Asolo is a small town, famous for its lace and silk weaving . It is also resplendent with monuments, such as the remains of an amphitheatre and an aqueduct, the Rocca (castle of the 12th early 13th century), or you can visit the Palazzo della Ragione which has now become the museum of the city. In the last century it was a privileged resort by artists and writers such as Hemingway and Browning and the famous Eleonora Duse.
- The town of Bassano del Grappa is located in the heart of Veneto at the foot of the Alps. The main productions of Bassano are white asparagus, ceramics, and of course grappa. You must see the Cathedral (Duomo), the Castello Superiore (Upper Castle), or the Church of St. John the Baptist.
- The Euganean Hills (protected since 1989) is located south of Padua. There are many small towns to visit such as Este, Montagnana, Monselice and Arqua ‘Petrarca. And let yourself be tempted by small local trattorias!
- The thermal baths of Abano: Only 3km from La Montecchia is the town of Abano Terme, a spa where mineral-rich waters emerge at a temperature of 70°C to 80°C. We recommend a day at the spas of one of the luxurious hotels.
(rates in € / week)2019
|Beds||Nights||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :05 January - 13 April 2019, 11 November - 21 December 2019
* Mid season :13 April - 01 June 2019, 14 September - 09 November 2019
* Mid season 2 :01 - 29 June 2019, 31 August – 14 September 2019, 21 December 2019 – 04 January 2020
* High season :29 June – 31 August 2019
GUEST REVIEWS, Casa del Prete, La Montecchia
The cottages you provide for us are always just right! We thoroughly enjoyed this year's Casa Prete. It was more than comfortable, and so convenient for our explorations of the countryside!Grace Longworth, USA, 03/06/2015
Nous avons profité de cette maison avec une décoration soignée, belles harmonies de couleur, éclairage très agréable, calme total. Nous nous sommes réjouis d’être là au printemps (pas de moustiques) avec un temps ensoleillé.. Merci au personnel, toujours prêt à nous aider et conseiller.C. et L. M., France, 01/05/2013
We enjoyed our stay in Casa del Prete. We hope future guests have a stay as pleasant as ours !Tina,, Belgium, 02/07/2012
Casa del Prete très agréable. Les environs et surtout les Colli Euganei sont magnifiques au printemps avec Este, Arquà Petrarqua…et Venise !
Ici le personnel est très attentionné…
Un séjour merveilleux, on a été très gatés !! La Casa del Prete est très confortable.Famille Cancella, Portugal, 01/12/2011
Un très agréable séjour. Le domaine est idéalement situé au calme et à proximité de toutes les merveilles que recèle la Vénétie.
Bous avons apprécié de ne pas avoir la télévision et de trouver une bibliothèque polyglotte ! A recommander sans doutes !
Buongiorno! Notre maison de Montecchia était vraiment très bien aménagée, dans les vignobles. La piscine est remarquable. L'Italie est vraiment le pays que je préfère. Merci pour ce séjour.F.T., France, 07/10/2010
Je vous remercie pour votre courrier nous demandant un retour sur notre séjour à La Casa Del Prete du 15 au 22 Octobre dernier. Comme je l'ai mentionné dans le questionnaire laissé sur place, nous sommes enchantés. Nous avons apprécié le lieu, le confort, la propreté, l'accueil, les conseils, le restaurant de la Montecchia, les attentions à notre arrivée avec des boissons et des fruits. Nous n'avons aucune critique à émettre! Juste vous souhaiter de continuer à proposer cette qualité! En vous remercaint encore et en espérant avoir de nouveau l'occasion de séjourner dans dans l'une des maisons que vous proposez.F.N., Suisse, 01/10/2011
We loved being in this lovely little house! We enjoyed morning coffee and afternoon wine in the yard. We had a wonderful dinner at La Montecchia and spent a day at the terme in Montegrotto. We will be back we hope.D.O., USA, 10/05/2008
We wanted to let you know that we had a wonderful time at La Montecchia in the Veneto. The staff were very helpful and kind, the house and garden were perfect and well appointed and the environment offered much to do. Thank you very much for this experience. Kind regardsGreg & Heather Harris, Canada, 05/06/2008
La Montecchia lies 15 km to the south-east of Padua, bordering the regional park of the „colli euganei“ and very close to cultural highlights as Venice, Vincenza, Verona, Ferrara, Mantova and Rovigo. You will also want to visit this region to see the famous Palladio villas.
- Selvazzano, the nearest village 1 km – 5 min
- Abano 5 km – 10 min
- Padua 14 km – 20 min
- Vicenza 40 km – 40 min
- Venice 53 km – 40 min
- Asolo 65 km – 1 hr
- Ferrara 80 km – 1 hr
- Verona 85 km – 1 hr
- Lake Garda 100 km – 1 hr 15 min
- Bologna 120 km – 1 hr 15 min