Located only 20 km southeast of Padova, Bencontenta is a traditional Venetian farmhouse nestled on the estate of Frassanelle, one of the most prestigious aristocratic properties of the Veneto, home to a historic villa, a 19th-century english park, an 18-hole golf course and cultivated farmland. The large farmhouse sits within its own private garden with a pool and looks out onto the park of Frassanelle and the Euganean hills.
The farmhouse has been entirely restored, keeping its traditional characteristics all the while updating it to 21st-century standards and amenities. The airy interior has crisp white walls and comfortable living spaces with classy furnishings and open fireplaces. The modern kitchen opens onto the herb garden which guests can make use of for preparing their meals. These can be enjoyed in the inside dining room or in the typical outdoor covered loggia, adjacent to an outdoor living area.
The villa’s seven bedrooms are spread over its three floors, making it convenient for guests with mobility concerns. They are feature lovely wooden furniture, attractive fabric prints and newly fitted en-suite bathrooms, some with soaking tubs.
The huge pool is a definitely highlight. This is bordered by a pool house and sunbeds. Beyond this is Bencontenta sprawling 6000 m2 garden. This has been carefully planted with an herb garden, roses, lilacs, iris and calendula as well as a variety of trees including poplars, walnuts, hazelnuts, figs, cherries and apples.
Amenities and services
Villa is equiped with:
- Pool: 16 x 8m
- Private Pool
- Fenced Pool
- Internet access
- Air conditioning
- Hifi stereo
- Satellite TV
- Dogs welcome
- Maid Service
- Bed & bath linens
- Baby equipment
- Final cleaning
- Pool towels
- 3 bycicles, Air Conditioning
Service on request:
- First shopping
- Arrival dinner
- Central heating
Floorplan of the villa
Living room with open fireplace
Kitchen breakfast room
2 double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
1 extra WC
Large shady loggia for al-fresco meals
1 double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
1 double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
1 twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
1 large play room
2 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
Pool 16 x 8 metres, fenced
Outdoor shower with hot and cold water
Herb garden and orchard
Country life in Venetia in search of history, harmony and beauty. Stay in luxuriously restored houses within the historical estate of Frassanelle, an undisclosed oasis of peace between Venice, Padua and Vicenza.
Frassanelle is one of the great Venetian properties. The 150 hectare estate consists of a Venetian Villa, a 19th century english park, a skillfully designed 18 hole golf course and cultivated farmland. All this 20 km south-west of Padua, within easy reach of the famous historic villas of the Veneto, many of them built by the great Italian architect Andrea Palladio, as also the Italian cities of Venice (50 km), Vicenza (23 km), Verona (90 km), Ferrara (80 km), Mantua (98 km), Asolo and the Lake district. Frassanelle reaveals its delights slowly and elegantly.
Leaving the bustling Venetian activities behind you, the drive leads you on a simple country road through fields which melt into the natural park of the Eugenean hills. You will soon discover the main villa of Frassanelle on top of one of the hills, seemingly shielding the elegantly structured farm buildings, the beautifully restored farmhouse Bencontenta and a wonderfully romantic 19th century garden folly reminiscent of a palladian temple.
The estate of Frassanelle has been in the hands of the Counts Papafava since the 13th century, well over 700 years.
From April to October every Thursday at 10am (except national holidays) the owners of Frassanelle will take you on a guided tour of the premises. They will give you some history of the Papafava dei Carraresi family, descendants of the Lords of Padua, some information on the flora and fauna found in the park. Highlight of the tour are the surprisingly large artificial grottoes built at the end of the 19th century under the main villa.Read more about Frassanelle
- The great cultural wealth of the Veneto region and its diversity is one of the main interests of the journey.
- The Venetian Villas: More than 3,000 villas were built in the hinterland of Venice between the 15th and 19th century. Some are open to the public. The most famous are the Palladian villas such as Villa Barbaro at Maser, Villa Emo at Fanzolo and La Rotonda near Vincenza. Do not miss the Villa Valmarana “Ai Nani” with frescoes by Tiepolo, Catajo castle and villa Barbarigo with its baroque garden and a maze of boxwood.
- Major cultural centres of northern Italy: The strategic position of Frassanelle make easy visits to Padua, Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Ferrara, Lake Garda, Este, Montagnana, Monselice or Arqua’ Petrarca. Each of these provincial towns offers a multitude of rewarding cultural visits.
- In Venice you will have the opportunity to visit any of the 84 churches present in the city, including of course the Basilica of St. Marco, which stands next to the Doge’s Palazzo, one of the main landmarks of Venice. You can also visit the islands, such as Murano, famous for its beautiful hand blown glass.
- 40 km from Venice, you will find Padua . If you had to choose one thing to see, it would be the Cappella degli Scrovegni, a chapel entirely painted with frescoes by Giotto in the 14th century. This is considered the work which marks the beginning of the Renaissance. The main museum of Padua exposes the Emo Capodilista collection, given to the Municipality of Padua by the owners of La Montecchia. The Palazzo della Ragione (Palace of Reason), a surprising builing which rises above all the rest of the historical center of Padua exposes another gift made by this family to the municipality, a sumptuous wooden horse.
- At Vicenza you will be dazzled by Palladio’s genius. The beauty of the Olympic Theatre, an embodiment of Andrea Palladio, the Palladian Basilica, another of his masterworks, or the Loggia del Capitano. The small streets of this compact city want to be explored on foot, which will bring an exciting reward at each 20 steps you take.
- The city of Verona contains many treasures: start with the Roman monuments, such as the Roman Arena. Garden lovers will want to visit the Giardino Giusti. The San Zeno church will stay with you for long. Every day the Piazza delle Erbe, a beautiful square in the center of town has a colourful market.
- Asolo is a small town, famous for its lace and silk weaving . It is also resplendent with monuments, such as the remains of an amphitheatre and an aqueduct, the Rocca (castle of the 12th early 13th century), or you can visit the Palazzo della Ragione which has now become the museum of the city. In the last century it was a privileged resort by artists and writers such as Hemingway and Browning and the famous Eleonora Duse.
- The town of Bassano del Grappa is located in the heart of Veneto at the foot of the Alps. The main productions of Bassano are white asparagus, ceramics, and of course grappa. You must see the Cathedral (Duomo), the Castello Superiore (Upper Castle), or the Church of St. John the Baptist.
- The Euganean Hills (protected since 1989) is located south of Padua. There are many small towns to visit such as Este, Montagnana, Monselice and Arqua ‘Petrarca. And let yourself be tempted by small local trattorias!
- The thermal baths of Abano: Only 12 km from Frassanelle is the town of Abano Terme, a spa where mineral-rich waters emerge at a temperature of 70°C to 80°C. We recommend a day at the spas of one of the luxurious hotels.
(rates in € / week)2019
|Beds||Nights||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :05 January - 13 April 2019, 09 November - 21 December 2019
* Mid season :13 April - 01 June 2019, 14 September - 09 November 2019, 21 December - 04 January 2020
* Mid season 2 :01 - 29 June 2019, 31 August - 14 September 2019
* High season :29 June - 31 August 2019
GUEST REVIEWS, Bencontenta, Frassanelle
We had a wonderful time at La Bencontenta. The rose vines on the house were blooming, the birds were singing and Saba was cooking! What could be
better? The house was ideally situated to see many wonderful towns/cities. We had many delightfully delicious dinners in the loggia after a long day of sightseeing. The house was very comfortable for the 6 of us, and it was such a plus that we all had our own bathroom. We hit some rainy weather which prevented us from taking full advantage of the beautiful pool area. The house was very clean and well stocked. This is a place you could rent
for a month and have family/friends join you.
We will have another Trust and Travel booking in our future. Thank you for all you help providing information, making reservations etc. It was
an experience to remember!
Danke für Ihre Nachfrage bezüglich unseres Urlaubs in La Bencontenta. Wir
haben uns sehr wohlgefühlt, was hauptsächlich Saba zu verdanken ist,
die uns jeden Wunsch von den Augen abgelesen hat. Auch Frau Papafava war
sehr nett und hat wunderbar um uns gekümmert. Ich danke auch Ihnen für
die gute Vorbereitung - es ist alles so gewesen wie wir uns vorgestellt haben.
We had a really fab time! Gorgeous region and a lovely combination of sightseeing and just relaxing by the pool!Corinne Bespolka, UK, 10/07/2008
Venetien und das schöne Landgut “Frassanelle” haben uns für eine Woche verzaubert. Gut erholt und mit vielen buntern Erinnerungen fahren wir zurück nach Deutschland.Frau H., Deutschland, 06/09/2008
What a beautiful venue for our wedding day! Thank you so much to Francesca and Saba for all your help in making our day & week at Bencontenta so special!Mr. & Mrs. C., England, 29/08/2008
Quelques jours merveilleux dans cette si jolie campagne avec la formidable cuisine de Saba.. Nous renviendrons.Famille J., France, 10/01/2008
We had a marvelous time in a fantastic environment beautiful weather, a very comfortable “farmhouse” with all the facilities for us, our children, grand children. Thank you very much Francesca and you Saba for the perfect dinner you prepared for us.Family L., Germany, 12/07/2012
Nous sommes très heureux de notre séjour dans cette agréable maison, merveilleusement située pour une découverte de la Vénétie et de ses trésors.Famille Sch., France, 10/05/2007
We arrived back from our honeymoon last week and after all the excitement of Italy it's been very difficult returning to work! We would both like to thank you so much for helping us make our wedding a truly memorable day not just for us but for all of our family & friends aswell. Many people have said it was the most perfect wedding they had been to!
Without your assistance (even down to the last details) it would not have come together as it did. Your recommendations for the caterers, florist, DJ and photographer were excellent; everyone was very friendly and did over and above what we expected.
I am so pleased with every decision that we came to.
Frassanelle is a beautiful estate and Bencontenta was the perfect venue for the wedding and for our friends and their children to spend the week together.
It more than catered for all of our needs wich meant that everybody was able to fully relax & enjoy themselves. We would recommend Bencontenta to anyone thinking of marrying in Italy . It is a very comfortable, relaxing & romantic location for a wedding. We're so pleased we found it!
I also wanted to mention how fantastic Saba is. I keep hearing from friends how helpful she was to everyone during our stay & on the wedding day. She is a lovely lady!
Nous avons été enchantés de notre séjour en Italie. L'accueil de la propriétaire fut chaleureux et de grande qualité, la maison très confortable et magnifiquement équipée,le personnel charmant et efficace. Nous sommes rentrés ravis et avons recommandé votre agence à nos meilleures amis,Bien à vous.Louise Greindl, Belgique, 09/08/2008
The estate Frassanelle lies 20 km to the south-east of Padua, within easy reach of the famous historic villas of the Veneto, many of them built by the great Italian architect Andrea Palladio, as also the Italian cities of Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Ferrara, Mantua, Asolo and the Lake district.
- Montemerlo, the closest village 3 km – 5 min
- Abano Therme with its spas 12 km – 20 min
- Padua 18 km – 20 min
- Vicenza 40 km – 35 min
- Venice 65 km – 1 hr
- Asolo 75 km – 1 hr 15 min
- Ferrara 85 km – 1 hr
- Verona 85 km – 1 hr