The romanticism of this house makes it truly exceptional. The playfully charming Tempietto was built in 1822 in pure neoclassical style. It was conceived as a place to which to retire – and not necessarily alone – and true to its purpose stands in one of the most beautiful spots of the park within a slightly sloping clearing which blossoms with poppies and daisies in spring.
The front of the house, as with a real temple, is an open but protected portico where guests have their meals when the weather is fine. The main facade of house was restored in spring 2009, the interior decoration received a facelift at the same time. Guests should be aware that the house is fairly isolated within the park.
The pool lies within the estate next to the golf clubhouse, approx. 300 m from Tempietto.
The pool is open from the 1st week of June to the 2nd week of September (please consider that it might open later or close earlier according to the weather). The pool is open from 10 am to 6.30 pm, and it is closed on Tuesdays and with bad weather.
Amenities and services
Villa is equiped with:
- Pool: 10 x 20m
- Internet access
- Air conditioning
- Hifi stereo
- Satellite TV
- Dogs welcome
- Bed & bath linens
- Baby equipment
- Final cleaning
Service on request:
- First shopping
- Central heating
Floorplan of the villa
1 bathroom (tub) in basement
1 twin bedroom
1 double bedroom with en-suite bath (shower)
The pool lies whitin the estate next to the golf clubhouse, approx. 100 m from Tempietto. It measures 10 x 20 m.
Country life in Venetia in search of history, harmony and beauty. Stay in luxuriously restored houses within the historical estate of Frassanelle, an undisclosed oasis of peace between Venice, Padua and Vicenza.
Frassanelle is one of the great Venetian properties. The 150 hectare estate consists of a Venetian Villa, a 19th century english park, a skillfully designed 18 hole golf course and cultivated farmland. All this 20 km south-west of Padua, within easy reach of the famous historic villas of the Veneto, many of them built by the great Italian architect Andrea Palladio, as also the Italian cities of Venice (50 km), Vicenza (23 km), Verona (90 km), Ferrara (80 km), Mantua (98 km), Asolo and the Lake district. Frassanelle reaveals its delights slowly and elegantly.
Leaving the bustling Venetian activities behind you, the drive leads you on a simple country road through fields which melt into the natural park of the Eugenean hills. You will soon discover the main villa of Frassanelle on top of one of the hills, seemingly shielding the elegantly structured farm buildings, the beautifully restored farmhouse Bencontenta and a wonderfully romantic 19th century garden folly reminiscent of a palladian temple.
The estate of Frassanelle has been in the hands of the Counts Papafava since the 13th century, well over 700 years.
From April to October every Thursday at 10am (except national holidays) the owners of Frassanelle will take you on a guided tour of the premises. They will give you some history of the Papafava dei Carraresi family, descendants of the Lords of Padua, some information on the flora and fauna found in the park. Highlight of the tour are the surprisingly large artificial grottoes built at the end of the 19th century under the main villa.Read more about Frassanelle
- The great cultural wealth of the Veneto region and its diversity is one of the main interests of the journey.
- The Venetian Villas: More than 3,000 villas were built in the hinterland of Venice between the 15th and 19th century. Some are open to the public. The most famous are the Palladian villas such as Villa Barbaro at Maser, Villa Emo at Fanzolo and La Rotonda near Vincenza. Do not miss the Villa Valmarana “Ai Nani” with frescoes by Tiepolo, Catajo castle and villa Barbarigo with its baroque garden and a maze of boxwood.
- Major cultural centres of northern Italy: The strategic position of Frassanelle make easy visits to Padua, Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Ferrara, Lake Garda, Este, Montagnana, Monselice or Arqua’ Petrarca. Each of these provincial towns offers a multitude of rewarding cultural visits.
- In Venice you will have the opportunity to visit any of the 84 churches present in the city, including of course the Basilica of St. Marco, which stands next to the Doge’s Palazzo, one of the main landmarks of Venice. You can also visit the islands, such as Murano, famous for its beautiful hand blown glass.
- 40 km from Venice, you will find Padua . If you had to choose one thing to see, it would be the Cappella degli Scrovegni, a chapel entirely painted with frescoes by Giotto in the 14th century. This is considered the work which marks the beginning of the Renaissance. The main museum of Padua exposes the Emo Capodilista collection, given to the Municipality of Padua by the owners of La Montecchia. The Palazzo della Ragione (Palace of Reason), a surprising builing which rises above all the rest of the historical center of Padua exposes another gift made by this family to the municipality, a sumptuous wooden horse.
- At Vicenza you will be dazzled by Palladio’s genius. The beauty of the Olympic Theatre, an embodiment of Andrea Palladio, the Palladian Basilica, another of his masterworks, or the Loggia del Capitano. The small streets of this compact city want to be explored on foot, which will bring an exciting reward at each 20 steps you take.
- The city of Verona contains many treasures: start with the Roman monuments, such as the Roman Arena. Garden lovers will want to visit the Giardino Giusti. The San Zeno church will stay with you for long. Every day the Piazza delle Erbe, a beautiful square in the center of town has a colourful market.
- Asolo is a small town, famous for its lace and silk weaving . It is also resplendent with monuments, such as the remains of an amphitheatre and an aqueduct, the Rocca (castle of the 12th early 13th century), or you can visit the Palazzo della Ragione which has now become the museum of the city. In the last century it was a privileged resort by artists and writers such as Hemingway and Browning and the famous Eleonora Duse.
- The town of Bassano del Grappa is located in the heart of Veneto at the foot of the Alps. The main productions of Bassano are white asparagus, ceramics, and of course grappa. You must see the Cathedral (Duomo), the Castello Superiore (Upper Castle), or the Church of St. John the Baptist.
- The Euganean Hills (protected since 1989) is located south of Padua. There are many small towns to visit such as Este, Montagnana, Monselice and Arqua ‘Petrarca. And let yourself be tempted by small local trattorias!
- The thermal baths of Abano: Only 12 km from Frassanelle is the town of Abano Terme, a spa where mineral-rich waters emerge at a temperature of 70°C to 80°C. We recommend a day at the spas of one of the luxurious hotels.
|Beds||Nights||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :05 January - 13 April 2019, 09 November - 21 December 2019
* Mid season :13 April - 01 June 2019, 14 September - 09 November 2019, 21 December - 04 January 2020
* Mid season 2 :01 - 29 June 2019, 31 August - 14 September 2019
* High season :29 June - 31 August 2019
|Beds||Nights||Low season||Mid season||Mid season 2||High season|
* Low season :04 January - 4 April 2020, 31 October - 19 December 2020
* Mid season :4 April - 30 May 2020, 12 September – 31 October 2020, 19 December- 02 January 2021
* Mid season 2 :30 May - 4 July 2020, 29 August - 12 September 2020
* High season :4 July - 29 August 2020
GUEST REVIEWS, Tempietto, Frassanelle
Tempietto was serene and beautiful. We enjoyed the peace and the isolation. The house itself is just perfect.The staff at Frassanelle were so very kind and accommodating.
Would you believe it, Lufthansa lost our three suitcases on the way out. We didn't receive two of them until the third day of our holiday, and the third one arrived on the fifth day.
I had telephoned to let Anna in reception know we would be late arriving on our first day, as we had to file a missing luggage report and that took time, as you can imagine.When we arrived, Anna herself had gone out and bought us toothpaste, toothbrushes and toiletries to make sure we had what we needed!
We were so grateful. We didn't see Anna at all, as she left on her own holiday that very day. Saba was so helpful. She took delivery of the suitcases as they arrived, and then sent me texts to let me know. We gave both gifts upon our departure. We couldn't ask for more of the property or of the staff at all. La Tempietto fitted us perfectly.
You invited me to give my opinion on our vacation at Il Tempietto?
We are very thrilled with this place! Just what we were looking for: an historic building on a beautiful place in an estate that is quiet and secluded! Il Tempietto is (in our perception) a look alike of the
Landmark Property called Ingestre in Staffordshire UK. Same atmosphere, same looks. You should see for your self on the site of the Landmark
Also the Euganei Hills are very lovely and the pleasant cities Verona,Vicenza and Padua are very nearby. We toured and walked a lot. We visited
la Tomba de Brion by Scarpi in Altevole (near Castelfranco) which was very beautiful.
The reception at Villa Vescovi (Anna) was very friendly and helpful. We were very pleased with the house and felt at home. A minor thing: we
would have valued curtains in the rooms downstairs and surely in bedroom and bathroom!!
Booking, paying and information was easy going. I could see your effort to make things in good order. Also you made it possible to change the date of our travel without any problem. Thanks again for that.
I would definitely recommend your organization and certainly this place to friends and family.
Wir waren für 5 Tage in Venetien und hatten Tempietto gemietet.
Lage und Tempietto selbst sind einmalig schön, wir sind nach unseren Ausflügen nach Padua und in die Hügel immer gerne zurückgekommen, um die Ruhe zu geniessen.
Auch das Landgut hat uns sehr gefallen.
die Betreuung vor Ort durch Anna und Saba waren sehr herzlich und kompetent.
Wir werden gerne wiederkommen und werden die Anlage sicher weiter empfehlen. Besten Dank für die schönen Tage.
Nach einem einwöchigen Familientreffen in der vom Landmark Trust zu mietenden Palladio Villa „Saraceno“ (in der Nähe von Noventa) mit 12 Verwandten geniessen wir nun die Ruhe und Abgeschiedenheit des fast englisch anmutenden „folly“ Tempietto. Das Tempelchen erinnert uns sehr an den „Ingestre Temple“ in England, ebenfalls bei Landmark Trust zu mieten. Danke für die geschmackvolle Einrichtung mit den schönen Landkarten und den vielen Zeichnungen und Stichen. Ein herzliches Dankeschön geht auch an Anna, die sich reizend um uns und unseren Sohn kümmerte.Knut & Dörte Kauder, Deutschland, 01/09/2010
A palatial and tranquil setting – unusual & interesting in every way. What an amazing coincidence that the first picture on the wall that we looked at was Wentworth House in Yorkshire – only a „stone’s throw“ from where we live!! That made us feel very much at home! Great weather, fantastic vistas, ambient surroundings, great food + luscious wines – all the basic ingredients for a wonderful holiday – topped off by the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone we came into contact with on the estate, Mrs Saba is a gem. The information folder does just what it is meant to- information in great detail about all of the relevant local areas to visit, and we found it very helpful the times and distances estimation when travelling further afield. The only comment we can make is that a couple of sun-lounges would have been ideal, the deck chairs were five as seats, but lounges would be more adequate for sun bathing. We’ve all had a great 2 weeks staying in Tempietto and would recommend it to anyone wanting such a peaceful setting, yet with rural working surroundings.Shaun, Nigel, Janet, Andrew, UK, 29/05/2010
Nous pensions parcourir la région dans tous les sens mais vu la beauté de l’endroit et la chaleur nous allons profité du Tempietto et de la piscine. Quel calme quand on habite Bruxelles ! Nous avons quand même visité: Venise, Padova, Vicenza, La Rotonda. Nous n’avons pas été deçus et avons beaucoup aimé le Tempietto.Philippe, Véronique et Louis Nicodème, Belgique, 01/07/2010
Nous tenons tout d’abord à vous remercier sincèrement pour la qualité de votre prestation. Notre séjour au domaine Frassanelle, dans le petit temple du 19 au 26 juillet, s’est déroulé en tous points conformément à notre attente. Nous tenons à remercier à cette occasion Madame Papafava pour son accueil et sa discrète bienveillance à notre égard. Un autre merci particulier à la régisseuse... Nous avons été enchantés par l’environnement somptueux de Tempietto et la qualité de la restauration du pavillon. Par ailleurs, nos enfants ont pu profiter en toute sécurité et à l’envie de la piscine dont le personnel de surveillance est d’une rara courtoisie. La Vénétie est une région magnifique et Frassanelle idéalement placé pour profiter de Venise et Padoue. A notre retour nous avons déjà vanté les mérites de votre entreprise auprès de proches susceptibles de faire appel à ses prestations. L’année prochaine, nous espérons nous rendre en Toscane et nous ne manquerons pas de faire appel à vous. A bientôt,P. et N. Moutiers, Chartres, France, 01/07/2008
The estate Frassanelle lies 20 km to the south-east of Padua, within easy reach of the famous historic villas of the Veneto, many of them built by the great Italian architect Andrea Palladio, as also the Italian cities of Venice, Vicenza, Verona, Ferrara, Mantua, Asolo and the Lake district.
- Montemerlo, the closest village 3 km – 5 min
- Abano Therme with its spas 12 km – 20 min
- Padua 18 km – 20 min
- Vicenza 40 km – 35 min
- Venice 65 km – 1 hr
- Asolo 75 km – 1 hr 15 min
- Ferrara 85 km – 1 hr
- Verona 85 km – 1 hr