OVERVIEW Il Geranio
Il Geranio is an apartment for four lying on the ground floor of the Villa I Cavallini.
The spacious living room is the main rooom. It has a large fireplace, a dining table and a door leading outside, overlooking the farmyard. Adjacent is a small kitchen.
The two bedrooms - one double and one twin - share a bathroom (with tub).
In front of the living room are table and chairs for outdoor meals.
Cavallini is a working farm. The owner Laura Piccolomini d’Aragona and a couple working on the estate live in the same building.
Amenities and services
- Pool (child safe): 12 x 6m
- Internet access
- Hifi stereo
- Bed & bath linens
- Final cleaning
- First shopping
- Arrival dinner
- Maid service
- Baby equipment
- Central heating
- Pet welcome
Floorplan of the villa
Large living and dining room with open fireplace
1 double bedroom
1 twin bedroom
The swimming pool (12 x 6 meters) lies in a beautiful spot of the garden, with a view onto the soft rolling hills of the surrounding landscape. The access to the pool is secured for the safety of small children.
A traditionals estate on the southern Tuscan coast
I Cavallini lies in an area called Maremma, a lesser known and therefore all the more captivating part of Tuscany, 25 km inland from the coast, close to the peninsula Monte Argentario. Beyond the borders of the Cavallini estate you will discover an area rich in cultural landmarks, softly rolling landscape, good food and excellent wine, combining the charms of the Tuscan lifestyle with joys of an unspoilt coast. The 120 acres estate mainly produces grain and extra virgin olive oil, which can be bought on the premises.
The center of the Cavallini property is marked by the main villa dating from the 18th century. The host Laura Piccolomini d'Aragona spends most of her time here, sharing the simplicity of country life with her children and grand-children during the summer months.
Laura Piccolomini is an attentive host. The apartments at Cavallini were decorated by herself using Tuscan colourings, open fireplaces and comfortable furnishings, as well attractive family antiques.
The large pool measuring 12 x 6 m is located in a beautiful part of the garden of the Cavallini estate, with a view over a seemingly endless landscape of rolling hills, utterly unspoilt, spotted with cypress trees and farmhouses here and there.
Two very charming apartments sleeping 4 and 5, with a pergola for al-fresco meals, have been restored in the main villa of Cavallini.
- The Maremma is the other face of Tuscany - a wild region stretching along the Tyrrhenian coastline opposite the island of Elba between Leghorn and Grosseto. Unspoilt beaches fringed with dunes are backed by hillsides covered in Mediterranean scrub and olive groves, crested by charming hill-top villages. The reclaimed flatlands where cattle used to roam herded by the local cowboys have today largely been given over to well-husbanded vineyards yielding some of the most prestigious vintages in Italy. Where there is great wine there tends to be great food.
- The beach at 25 km from Cavallini is of fine white sand. Generally the water is warm enough to swim from mid May to mid October.
- Lake Burano: 25 km south of Cavallini lies the, a lagoon run by the WWF. The bird-watching here is excellent, above all in spring and autum.
- The WWF Maremma National Park: The Park encompasses seven towers, the remains of an abbey and twenty six grottoes. In summer the National Park can only be visited accompanied by a guide. Visits by night from 8 to 11 pm are a special thrill. At 40 minutes from Cavallini.
- The Etruscans: a trip through what was known as Etruria is one of the most interesting archaeological excursions in Italy. Tarquinia and Tuscania, only 30 kms away from the Cavallini estate, boast worldwide famous archeological excavations which should not be missed.
- Monte Argentario: only half an hour from I Cavallini lies the Monte Argentario, a peninsula connected with the mainland by three dams. The Monte Argentario is known for its fine coastline, rich mediterranean vegetation and the two jet set harbours Porto Ercole and Porto Santo Stefano.
- The Tarot-Garden of Niki de Saint-Phalle: on one of the hills not far from Cavallini the famous french artist hs built her „Jardin des Tarots“, twenty two giant sculptures inspired by the figures of the magic tarot cards. Children love it!
GUEST REVIEWS, Il Geranio, Cavallini
We have not received any reviews for this house yet.
- Marsiliana, hamlet with a supermarket, post office and café 8 km
- Manciano, the next village 13 km
- Albinia and the beaches 25 km
- Saturnia 30 minutes
- Porto Ercole 40 minutes
- Rome 2 hours
- Florence 2,45 hours
- Siena 2 hours
- Pisa 2,30 hours